Hatari St

Chris S

Still Fresh
Hello

I have been playing with the Hatari ST emulator and have a question regarding the keyboard.

I have it all setup OK with the right TOS image etc, I loaded Dungeon Master and was presented
with a screen telling me to press return, on pressing the enter key on the Pandora nothing happened.

After trying several keys and combinations I pressed the Space key and the load continued.

I thought the Hatari ST emulator was mapped to the Pandora keyboard, what am I missing here ?

Also in games like 1948 I have tried to use the Dpad for up,down,left,right and a fire button, cannot
get this working either.

Link to Xenon2 Megablast being played with dpad etc, how ?

http://pandorapress.net/2010/02/14/atari-st-full-keyboard-full-audio-full-speed/

EDIT: OK, sussed it had to set joystick 1 & keyboard in the settings.

As far as i understand, the only issue that is left is that the return-key is not working in dungeonmaster.

First a note: The official version 3.6 for the amiga might interest you. You can play it with the amiga-emulator for the Pandora. Especially because the amiga-versions offer sound of monster-steps, i do like them most. They add a strong portion of an somewhat eerie mood. Beside that the v3.6 also offers an automap - though this could be considered somewhat cheating. ;)
EDIT: I must have got something wrong there: There does not seem to be something like an automap-feature in the amiga-version 3.6 /EDIT
On the other hand the atari-version is the only one where lockpicks work. Seems like they were removed for gameplay-reasons.

For more details: Dungeon Master EncyclopaediaDungeon Master Encyclopaedia

If you want to try to get the atari-version going anyway, or need to modify the keymapping because if other reasons, then you probably can do so by pressing alt in hatari, go to the keyboard-setup and load a keymap-file. What I found so far is the keymap-example-file from hatari-1.3.1-sourcecode:

Code:
# This is an example for a keyboard mapping file that can be used in Hatari
# by loading it from the keyboard setup dialog.
#
# Lines starting with a '#' or with a ';' are comments.
# All other lines should contain exactly two numbers separated by a comma.
# The first number is the symbolic PC key code (see the SDL_keysym.h file
# from the SDL library header files which can usually be found in the
# folder /usr/include/SDL/).
# The corresponding key will be mapped to the ST key which is specified by
# second number - the ST scan code of the key (see src/keymap.c in the Hatari
# sources).
#
# Example: If you want to get the 'y' and 'z' keys right with a german TOS
# ROM, you can use the following two lines to map the PC keys to the right
# ST scan codes:

Download the source-code from berlios and open src/keymap for more information. It even has an arranged ASCII-keyboard-layout of the atari st keyboard.
The SDL_keysym.h-file should be in the source-code-tarball of libsdl. I didn't check that.

Hello

Thanks for all at, automap ? I did not realise that version 3.6 contained an automap.

How does that work as I have the Amiga 3.6 version of Dungeon Master

I'm sorry, but there does not seem to be such a feature. :( I really wonder what made me thing so. I can't even find a piece of information that I might have misinterpreted. Sorry for making you waste your time on searching for it. I'll will edit my above topic.

Lomaxx said:
I'm sorry, but there does not seem to be such a feature. :( I really wonder what made me thing so. I can't even find a piece of information that I might have misinterpreted. Sorry for making you waste your time on searching for it. I'll will edit my above topic.

Hello

That's OK thanks for the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back