Release Hatari (Atari St Emu) 1.4.0 Released

Woot thank you very much Skeezix!! From what I can see, the tearing is less obvious now, even if on some demos the screen is still floating a bit (like the menu screen of the Cuddly Demo from TCB, for example)

Another thing: I was using a v2.06 TOS image, and had a lot of issues. I replaced it with a TOS v1.02 ROM, and now it works MUCH better! I just watched the Union demo, which works quite well with this emu. Congratulations! :)

I cant seem to get the joystick to work in games, i've tried setting up on Joystick 0 and joystick 1 but with no luck, i'd like to use the D-pad with one of the ABXY buttons as the fire button but if I set them as keyboard keys using the joypad or as a direct joystick mode I still have no luck.

Any one able to give me some tips on how to set it up right?

EDIT: Scratch that it's all of a sudden decided to work!

skeezix said:
- added vsync (always on); let me know if its visible apparent at all, or if it slows things down and you need a checkbox option to enable/disable it, or if its just fine. I can barely notice such things (my eyes must suck :) so I can't really tell. I still see tear lines in demo unpacks, but thats really due to games updating and rendering one line at a time, which is a separate thing to look into fixing .. but for games doing a lot of screen updates, this vsync should help it look more coherent. Let me know :)

Many thanks for the addition of vsync skeezix, it does seem to slow things down, I've tested it with Llamatron & Space Harrier. The pre vsync version did seem a little too fast though. It's been a very long time since I used my ST so it's hard top remember just how fast / smooth these games were originally. The vsync has certainly helped with screen tearing, which is a real personal bugbear of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back