Hase sprites and textures

I drew a planet texture:

craters-.png

256x256, seamlessly tilable

I drew a planet texture:

attachicon.gif
craters-.png

Cool thanks. I would replace one of the blue ones with it.
What do you think license wise?
My default for this sort of thing is CC-NC-BY-SA, but I don't really mind.

What would be convenient?

If I were to draw some more of these, what sort of textures/themes would you be looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I drew a planet texture:

attachicon.gif
craters-.png

Cool thanks. I would replace one of the blue ones with it.What do you think license wise?
My default for this sort of thing is CC-NC-BY-SA, but I don't really mind.What would be convenient?
To be honest, I never thought about other people contributing textures. For the sprites I added license informations, but for texture I woulnd't know, where to put it. Maybe in the about section?However I make Free software, so Attribution and ShareAlike is fine, but NonCommercial is not free. ;) Furthermore it is most of the time hard to tell, what selling means. If ED would ship Hase with the Pyra or Justin with the GCW, would they sell it? Not very clear.

If I were to draw some more of these, what sort of textures/themes would you be looking for?
I never saw the need to change the textures at all, so I don't have any preferences.
But maybe other people have some ideas. However without releasing a new version, which is incompatible again, I can't increase the total amount of possible textures. So every new texture needs to repleace an older one. ;)

CC-BY-SA it is, then

...which also applies to this rocket

Although, I'm not sure if I've got the frame order right.

attachicon.gif
rocket.png
Seems correct. Probably my test program is a bit wrong. But in Hase it should look fine. I will replace one of the coloured hares with the rocket to keep backward compatibility. With the next update, which breaks compatibility anyway, I will readd the coloured hare.

However I see this rocket has the same problem as the frog and the eye: It is not possible to determine the direction directly... But you seem to be able to deal with it as you always take the frog. ;)

Btw. it would make sense, if a moderator (e.g. you) would move this and the texture to this thread: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17593-hase-sprites-and-texturesThis makes more sense, because it has nothing to do with the hase 1.5 release, has it?

Done - Binky

Disagree, adding 'way more colors' to icons can easily confuse their meaning. The current dolphin is recognizable. Also the rest of the icons don't use a lot of colors
We're not talking about icons but about playable sprites. keep the monochrom icon BS out of this discussion plsThere's a multicolor hare. there's no problem with these color.

Currently the differents playables sprites that one can select are easy to spot specifically because of their color. Kingu propose 2 differents sprites yet both sport the same colors.

I would still like to have them color differenciated.

The seal looks like a ghost to me. also whats the thing above its head?

Looks like a miniature volcano or something?

Done.

(though I'm not really sure why you need two threads for one game...)

Done.

(though I'm not really sure why you need two threads for one game...)
Because the one thread is the Release thread of Hase 1.5, the other thread is for sprites and textures - for every Hase version.Furthermore the one thread is in the "News" section, the other thread in the "Development" section.

And last but not least: There are 54 fucking keyboard/gamepad threads, I think it is fine for me to have two thread for a game, which actually exists. ;)

And last but not least: There are 54 fucking keyboard/gamepad threads, I think it is fine for me to have two thread for a game, which actually exists. ;)
To be honest, I'm not really sure why we need 57 varieties of keyboard thread either, but your point stands.

I tried to draw a skeletal horse for binky, but my outline looked more like a cow, so here:

[attachment deleted - use the fixed version, next page]

A glitch is shown in the tester; when the sprite is upside down, I can see the tail of the next sprite under her chin, but it doesn't show in the upright center image, or when the cow is right-ways up. I'm hoping it's a bug in the tester; I've already shrunk the cow from her original size once because I coloured over the margins.

CC-BY-SA is fine again.

fresian2.png

Back