Has Gph Announced Any Major Firmware Update Dates?

RoboJoe32

Wondering, did a quick search and didn't find a terrible lot reguarding it, just wanted to know so I could place my ordering schedule around that date.

... yeah... GPH is really dragging their feet with it... I mean if they had a firmware update ready you'd think they'd put it out...

I understand the January 1 date has been on the books for months, and I don't find it bothersome... better a whole hog revision than dribs, drabs and hotfixes, eh?

Then again, the lack of updates is not currently impeding my enjoyment of my GP2X, though the postman might not be having as much fun.

SD card related update coming up early next week, and then others are coming up later as it takes some time for GPH to figure out the problem.

SD card update? awesome.. Im assuming its to allow inserting SD cards after powering on. And im hoping they are adding support for larger than 1gb cards. Ive got this 2gb card burning a hole in my drawer :)

SD card update? awesome.. Im assuming its to allow inserting SD cards after powering on. And im hoping they are adding support for larger than 1gb cards. Ive got this 2gb card burning a hole in my drawer :)

It's strange, I've heard a few people say that they can't swop the SD card without switching off, but mine recognises my cards if I swop them without switching off. I don't know if it makes any difference but my cards are 512mb and 1Gb Viking cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's strange, I've heard a few people say that they can't swop the SD card without switching off, but mine recognises my cards if I swop them without switching off. I don't know if it makes any difference but my cards are 512mb and 1Gb Viking cards.
I've done that, but one time when I added couple of files and then re-inserted the card, the GP2X didn't see the new files. I don't think this is a bug, actually. It's perfectly reasonable behaviour in my opinion.

yeah, I'm using a 1gb viking card and am able to insert it after booting up and it sees everything.

Back