Has Anyoone Had To Pay Custom Charges?

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
I ordered my GP32 from Lik-Sang and I didn't have to pay any; I didn't even know that I might of had to!

Has anyone here had to pay them, and what happens; do they charge you when it's delivered?

And how much did you have to pay? What did you buy and where did you get it from?

Lots of questions, but if I am to order a BLU from there I need to know.

Thanks.

Damnit....Typo's.

I ordered mine (FLU) from them. I live in the U.S.A. and didn't have to pay any extra charges.

Nope, play asia advised me to ask them to reduce the invoice on the package to avoid tax when I put my order through. That's what I did so no tax :rolleyes:.

I live in Portugal
I ordered the flu, the flu bag and a smc card from lik-sang.
I had to pay a lot of custom charges :angry: , like a +- a third of the initial price. Just for a comparison, my charges were almost sufficient to buy a new flu. I was pissed off but i had payed already so what could i do?

Getting charged is a matter of luck. They also say that if u ship a product via air-mail , most likely no one will charge anything. But if u use services like ups or dhl, most likely u will have to pay.

Anyway, i love my gp32 and its worth every dime i spent. :D

Play-Asia was kind enough to mark the package as a sample, so TECHNICALLY i wasn't supposed to pay tax, but the customs caught the package and requested an invoice, which of course clearly said i payed $149 + shipping for it, so...

Everything I've ordered from Lik Sang I've been hit with customs charges for; though admittedly I've only ordered from them twice; once for the GP32 and the other time for an eMerger.

I got both of those delivered by courrier though; usually if its done by air-mail apparrently, it tends to just go through.

Same here, almost always had to pay taxes for HK orders (but not always, seems random).

The tax should be close to the VAT in the country I guess (for me 20% of the cost of the package) but I always had to pay them to the postman.

In uk you have to pay:

VAT: thats 17.5% the value of the goods + Import tax (This varies according to a specail schedule0 PLUSSSS around another £5 extra for Roayl <Mmail, as they sually pay all the above upfront for you then get it back and they charge that for there servicee...!

Thats the offical way.

Marking ites down does not help.. at times.. the last time i did it they chargerd me £40 tax and when i enquired why.. (I got the RC plane off ebay, got invoice to say it wasa gift and valued £20.. so technically no tax adn all bases covered..)... i was given a threee page response as to wh.. ultimately citing that they did not open my parcel.. BUT they know certain HK companies falsify documents hence they estimated the box to contain a RC car and hecne valud it at £100 and i have to pay tax on that..!

Back