Lik-sang To The Uk - Customs

WilliamUK

Still Fresh
Hi,

Has anyone from the UK bought a GP32 from Lik-Sang recently? If so, which delivery method did you use and did it get hit by customs?

I'm considering ordering a BLU and having it sent Global Priority - which is the cheapest method and, as I understand it, fairly unlikely to get hit by customs (compared to DHL, etc).

What with the weak dollar it comes to just over £97 - at that price I wouldn't be too bothered if I had to pay customs charges (it would still work out a fair bit cheaper than GBAX), but I'd obviously like to avoid it if possible!

Thanks,

William.

Isnt Customs only realy for things worth More than £100 ???

WilliamUK posted on Dec 4 2004 at 04:38 PM said:
Has anyone from the UK bought a GP32 from Lik-Sang recently? If so, which delivery method did you use and did it get hit by customs?

Just bought a GP32 FLU this week from Lik Sang - came via DHL - no customs charges.

Ordered it on Monday night - got it Thursday morning.

Right - I'm off for another game of Doom :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Dec 4 2004 at 04:41 PM said:
Isnt Customs only realy for things worth More than £100 ???

No, it's £18 (£36 for gifts from individuals.)

Anyway, when I got my GP32 a while back from Lik-Sang I got stung by customs - it was either Global Priority or EMS (GP, I think, can't remember though...) The charge was about £10 IIRC.

I got my GP32 from Lik-Sang about a year ago. As a special treat I even spent extra on priority shipping to the UK. For the first time ever I ended up being hit by a customs charge. I had to pay this at the door of my house at it was enough to make me wish I'd ordered from Gbax. About 30 quid is a figure that comes to mind. I've ordered thousands of pounds of stuff from abroad in the past and never had a customs charge before. Perhaps it was just bad luck or maybe someone noticed the priority handling of the goods and decided if I wanted it bad, I wouldn't mind paying more!

I ordered a PC Tower unit from teh USA about 2 - 3 years ago. It was nice and cheap, (Cost about £140 for a Complete AMD XP 1600+ CPU, 512MB Ram, 40GB Hard Drive, PSU etc ) BUT customs charged me £60 - £80 import tax !!!!!!!!!

Due to all the recent reports of faulty GP32s from Lik-Sang (Just look at all the recent posts) I might not buy from them if I was you. Instead maybe go with GBAX or GP32z for the time being.

Goity posted on Dec 4 2004 at 09:21 PM said:
please stop spamming about lik-sang or I'm gonna EXPLODE!

FFS - the guy asked for people's opinion and I gave mine. Sorry that mine turned out to be shit :)

Don't worry - I will lie. Lik-sang are great - they sell top notch items - don't hesistate to use them.

Is that better?

Back