Has anyone successfully sued over this product yet?

AngryVGN

Still Fresh
I am just curious. I was speaking with a lawyer today about how despite CONSTANT messages I did not receive the product until years after ordering, despite others receiving theirs, and then when I did receive it, it couldn't play many of the emulators at a 'full and reasonable rate' according to my lawyer. Therefor the console does not match what I paid for and I am guaranteed to an amount based on what I paid and how long I waited. Has anyone else spoken with a lawyer regarding this and if so, what did they say?

Reactions: THB
would i be warned again if i post a large picture of a facepalm?

A majority of the emulators run a majority of the games for their respective systems at full speed. I think you didn't try enough or were picking bad ones. The makers of the Pandora aren't really responsible for that though.

And to answer your question, no, no one has successfully sued anyone, or attempted to, to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
A majority of the emulators run a majority of the games for their respective systems at full speed. I think you didn't try enough or were picking bad ones. The makers of the Pandora aren't really responsible for that though.
Tell it to the Judge exo. :D

This sounds really strange.

The only problem I had was accidentally turning off the limiter in one of the emulators, causing the game to run way too fast and making me lose.

Withdrawn.. Post came off sounding angry..

Of course, if you can name your issues, we are here to help you getting it to work smoothly :)

This thread is gold. You spoke with a lawyer who is obviously an ambulance chaser.... short story: noooooooooooooooooooooooope. Pandora offers hardware, third party developers offer software. You cannot/shouldn't be able to sue because some emulators work and some don't.. Considering it's a relative thing and it might work on the next software release. 

If the hardware specs match what is on the webpage when you brought it (remember they increased the memory for free), you have no case.

4uj49.jpg

I wonder if we can launch a class action lawsuit to get exophase to get his DS emulator to fullspeed.... I'm unhappy with his effort so far.

The emulator framerate is of course not something you could sue over, but the long delay, maybe. However, I don't think it would be a case you could win, because it's quite clear that the OPT did everything in their power to deliver - it's not like they deliberately made you wait. It's the nature of a "pre-order" to not ship instantly, but only when the product is ready, which in this case took much longer than anyone wanted.

So the net result in the most likely case (in which you lose) would probably be that lawyers get a bit richer, you and whoever you sue get a bit poorer, and not much else happens. And in the unlikely case that you would win, the net result would probably be that lawyers get a bit richer, and either 1) you get a bit poorer, and whoever you sue declares bankruptcy, or 2) you get a bit richer, and other people will have to wait longer for their unit because you made a quite significant "negative donation" to the pre-order fund.

Don't get me wrong: I do understand your anger about having had to wait for that long. I'm quite sure that the OPT would like to have seen things go smoother too though, and I think they have learned a lot from this experience to avoid similar problems in the future (possible exception: Craig, but it seem increasingly unlikely that he will be involved in future Pandora projects). There is no way to change the past though, so let's try to make the future better. We are all fond of the concept of an open handheld (including you I assume, otherwise you wouldn't have ordered one), so let's try to help the guys that made it possible, instead of stabbing them in the back because they didn't do it fast enough for our patience.

The emulator framerate issue is a matter of software; I'm sure if you make a more specific post about it in the "Software support" section of the forum (e.g. mention which emulator and which game), people will be able to help you to improve the speed.

As others have said, no, so far no one has sued. Depending on who you ordered from you might be eligible to return the unit and receive a refund, perhaps minus some shipping/hanndling and wear/tear costs.

Also you could try to sell it here on the forums, there are quite a few people who would happily take it.

Lets hope nobody tries to EMULATE this mans thinking! Perhaps he might have legal standing with the gamecube emulator...

Let's launch a class action lawsuit against frivolous lawsuits!
I think this is the bottom line.. The pandora took a long time, but nether ED nor Craig committed any kind of fraud. You paid money, you got product. The End.

The Pandora is like Zombo.com - Anything is possible, the only limit is yourself.

Well, don't know how the laws are in UK, but here in Germany, you can't simply sue because you didn't get the unit in time.

First step would be to tell the company to send you unit right away.

Next step would be to ask for a refund.

If you need the device for your job and need to get a different device to achieve the same which would cost a way higher price, you're liable of getting the difference payment as well (though that's nigh impossible with the Pandora).

If you neither get the unit or the refund, you can sue.

But not for waiting a long time.

If it would be missing any promised hardware specs, then you could return it and request a refund.

Only if you wouldn't get your refund, you could sue.

However, you will not be able to return it or request for a refund if it's software you have issues with, unless the original shop promised you it will work 100% with it.

But that never happened for 3rd party software... at least not to my knowledge.

would i be warned again if i post a large picture of a facepalm?
As long as it is a face, and a palm, I don't think there is a risk :)
I guess it depends on how large your large picture is...

edit: btw will we have the right to sue you if you post a too big facepalm image?

Back