Has Anyone Outsite Of Korea Got Theirs Yet?

Yes, several devs have them.

Due to people requesting it on here we might test every unit before shipping now to check for this phantom low LCD brightness issue (i've not seen it on any units).

Better safe than sorry though.

Due to people requesting it on here we might test every unit before shipping now to check for this phantom low LCD brightness issue (i've not seen it on any units).

That would be pretty reassuring - my missus has ordered me one for Xmas, and it'd be a bit disappointing to open the box on the day to find something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Does that meen the preorders wont be shipped out on monday? (I hope not :( )

I hope mine gets shipped out by Wednesday. With 24-48hr worldwide delivery I'd love to get it in time for the weekend. Of course if it were shipped on Monday I wouldn't complain ;)

Thousand thanks to you, Craig. :D I knew I chose the right vendor.

YOo,

Looks like a few "devs" already have their machines, obviously from an early batch...

What qualifies somebody to be a "user" or a "developper" on a homebrew machine like the GP2x?

I mean, did GPH contacted the top 20 devs worldwide to propose free (or not) early devkits? Or it was all proactive spontaneous approach with your CV in hand?

Just wondering... as I'm sure a few of us could have contributed to some early stuff on the new machine, but never got contacted in any way by anyone to do so.

Cheers,
JBB (hesitating to move on GP2x)

YOo,

Looks like a few "devs" already have their machines, obviously from an early batch...

What qualifies somebody to be a "user" or a "developper" on a homebrew machine like the GP2x?

I mean, did GPH contacted the top 20 devs worldwide to propose free (or not) early devkits? Or it was all proactive spontaneous approach with your CV in hand?

Just wondering... as I'm sure a few of us could have contributed to some early stuff on the new machine, but never got contacted in any way by anyone to do so.

Cheers,
JBB (hesitating to move on GP2x)
I think every one of 'The Devs' are experienced GP32 hackers/coders and already know their way around a handheld, and that is why they were chosen.

I hope you can do that for the ED batch as well or if he could do it himself it would be reasuring too. I don't mind waiting a few extra days.

Back