Has Anyone Noticed Everything Is Named Pandora

Phawx

Professional Derailer
I was at AC this past weekend and inside Harrah's is a jewelry/accessories shop named Pandora. Is it just me, or is it everywhere you turn, Pandora is being used somewhere?

They were always there, you've only just become more aware of them.

WizardStan said:
They were always there, you've only just become more aware of them.
Quoted for truth. There are only so many permutations that form reasonable words; linguistic real estate is scarce these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
i noticed this. Only my first Pandora was when I signed up for Pandora Radio. That sucked. Then my roommate was like "let's go to this place and play games" and I played Borderlands for the first time. That was cool. Then I went to see Avatar and was like.... OMG. This is awesome... what's with all these Pandoras? My Pandora curiosity is actually probably what made me notice the obscure comment on youtube (something like "comparing one of those to the GP2X is like comparing the GP2X to the Pandora") which led me here!

I heard this song a few days ago on the radio:
http://www.youtube.com/v/xYGnxNMOnGQ?hl=en_US&fs=1

r00tw00t said:
What has been seen, cannot be unseen... what has been heard cannot be unheard... Oh and hey! that one guy has nubs on his head. :blink:

r00tw00t said:
IIRC finding that song on youtube resulted in me searching for Pandora on wikipedia, which lead to... this :p

Hey, or who've heard about that box from Greek Mythology, with that chick that opened it and so.
I think the bunny was Angie Jolie (hot !)
I think this box is called Pandora too.

You're right you hear this name everywhere, these days. Hey devs you should get that name copyrighted and sue evrybody who is using it and start with that greek chick

----everything above this line is pure jokeeism----

Pandora permeates everything. The answer to life the universe and everything isn't 42, it's the Pandora. The Pandora is so awesome that the Greek gods traveled froward in time so that they didn't have to wait around for their Pandoras like the mortals. When they had thoroughly humiliated the mortals by making YouTube videos of their Pandoras they then traveled back to their own time to make a goddess named after the Pandora supreme awesomeness. The gods realized that they had created a "grandfather paradox" and since that kind of thing really perturbs the mortals they decided that something had to be done about it. Since the universe runs on Linux they were able to access the source code and make changes to bugs like this one. They altered the source code so that no one would remember the gods doing this but that the gods would continue to take credit for naming the Pandora.

Pandora is one of those names that you have to wonder if it's even trademarked. It's a little ridiculous that I frequent two sites that differ only in TLD. Of course, it's a neat myth and well known so I can see why people like to make references to it. If every name were truly original then we'd might as well just use model numbers.

Back