Has Anyone Flashed A F200 To 4.0?

BackAssward

Since I've received my F200, I've had crashes. I thought that re-flashing the firmware might fix it, but I haven't had any luck.

So I ask... Has anyone with the 4.0 firmware with the GP2X F200 actually re-flashed their firmware to 4.0?

If so, what process did you follow?

Thanks.

BackAssward said:
Since I've received my F200, I've had crashes. I thought that re-flashing the firmware might fix it, but I haven't had any luck.

So I ask... Has anyone with the 4.0 firmware with the GP2X F200 actually re-flashed their firmware to 4.0?

If so, what process did you follow?

Thanks.
Yep, worked fine. Download the firmware from somewhere, extract all the files to an SD card. Plug your GP2X into a power supply... if you can't make damned sure you have the best fully charged batteries you own in there.

Reboot. You may need to hold down home+select, can't quite recall.

Also, a read of http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Firmware_Upgrade may help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I did read the link and follow those steps. All I get is a black screen then back to the menu. This concerns me since: if I can't flash, it doesn't matter what else works. One last try I guess.

Well, if the first three SD cards won't flash for some reason... try a 4th. Man this thing is finicky, but it finally flashed. Thanks for the help.

BackAssward said:
Well, if the first three SD cards won't flash for some reason... try a 4th. Man this thing is finicky, but it finally flashed. Thanks for the help.
how long did it take to flash your f200 from start to finish ? and as it made any improvements to the problems you had?

wil hood said:
BackAssward said:
how long did it take to flash your f200 from start to finish ? and as it made any improvements to the problems you had?

It turned out that most other problems were solved via reformatting my SD cards to FAT32 (they were FAT16), and some configurations I missed. The only thing outstanding that I cared about was the flash itself. It took 5 min or so, I walked away so I'm not sure.

Lastly, time to get x11 and the pdf reader going.

BackAssward said:
Thanks, I did read the link and follow those steps. All I get is a black screen then back to the menu. This concerns me since: if I can't flash, it doesn't matter what else works. One last try I guess.
Black screen then back to the menu?
Doesn't make sense, if it triggers the update, you get "Updating Firmware".
If it doesn't trigger, it boots up normally.
But you don't start the update from the menu, so why should there be a black screen...?

Last edited:
Back