Hardwiring A Snes Controller To A Beat-Up Gamecube One.

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Hi there,

I got a beat-up Gamecube controller from a friend of mine (I gave him a game and an Atari 2600 controller, he also gave me a couple of games) and I had the idea of wiring my snes controller directly to it. (I will use connectors)
The problem is that I don't know where on the Gamecube circuit board or integrated circuits to wire them. I don't want to wire it right where the buttons are because I do not want to remove functionality from the Gamecube controller. I haven't been inside my SNES controller for a while but it should be easy to wire that, there is a lot less on the circuit board. (I'll need 13 different wires, one for each button and one for ground...)

I don't have a multimeter at home, and can't bring a Wii/Gamecube at school... (my electronics 11/12 class)

more about the Gamecube controller:
Some of the exterior paint is worn off
The main joystick is missing the grip and is a little wobbly
The yellow C joystick is missing the top
It used to be quite dirty on the inside and in the seams (I gave it a good scrub, inside and out, like all my other controllers)
The buttons are a little worn down (like they are sanded) on the sides
The cable has a little tear in it
Other than that, it works great

Yes, I have a classic controller, but I need to make this for multiplayer games. I also have a 3rd party classic controller that doesn't seem to work with some Wii homebrew... and a wireless Gamecube controller (uses AAA batteries)... I hate using batteries. I only have rechargeable AAA batteries, no rechargeable AA batteries.

Ravnos said:
You could just buy one of these. It would probably save you a bunch of time and effort and work just as well, if not better.

...buy? I don't have any money right now.

-_- I knew someone would point me to one of those!!!

Time consuming? I need to consume time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back