Hardware Hack: Pandora RUMBLE Edition

very nice, I'd like this too for notification purposes /when have a Pandora/ for email and low battery

very good

Vibration, keyboard backlight, and L2/R2 are definitely things I'd love to see in a P2 -- premium console, that!

I just had a fantastic idea : some authorized seller could take units that have some bug ( ie ones with bad wifi thingamajigs ) do this or other mod or some other one and sell it as a " rumble edition " or whatever and add 25 dollars to the price of a normally reduced unit and the extra could go towards the original que . That way a non mod savy person could get a moded pandora and it would not just be the wealthier Pandorians supporting the original que .

The question is which way around something like this would need to be handled.

Would more people do the modification, if there is more software or would devs adapt it, if more people already have this capability...

Edit: I can do this modification if someone drops by and brings a motor and his Pandora. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is which way around something like this would need to be handled.

Would more people do the modification, if there is more software or would devs adapt it, if more people already have this capability...

So how likely is it that we could get the official Shops to offer this upgrade on future sales? (ED, Craig, Link...)

I doubt Craig would do the mod... ED is busy enough as it is.

So then we need someone in each country willing to do this mod for a small fee... and then we need to get community members excited enough to pay the fee, postage and part with their Pandoras for a few weeks...

How many people would the tipping point be before devs start implimenting this feature...?

Bottom line is interest needs to be generated. If there's enough interest, ED may want to make this mod an official one...

Coding Competition anyone? :)

This doesn't use the officialmrumble feature of the omap though and the port wasn't designed for this. So maybe some more long term test are needed before it can get official.

I'd like to hear an opinion from MWeston to verify that my Pandora won't blow up if I use it too much.

Ok all valid points but just think about the extra revenue .

As said, if someone sends me his Pandora to build it in, I'd give any money I earn from this to the preorderdonationpot ;)

Don't know if anyone would want to send their Pandora away though for something like this.

What I meant was taking faulty units ( wifi problems bad tv out etc ) where the mod could then be done thus giving it a new lease on life .

^ Would anyone really choose to overlook significant flaws and pay more simply for a rumble feature?

Especially with almost no software support to make the rumble feature worthwhile?

If this feature is going to hit the mainstream, I don't think focusing on augmenting flawed units is going to do it...

Rather offer it as an upgrade on *any* Pandora.

Would anyone really choose to overlook significant flaws and pay more simply for a rumble feature?
they would.

Then put a really grumpy review on their blog
sad.png

lol

This is true. :D

Another reason not to do it.

The softwaresupport is the smallest problem imho.

It isnteally easymto integrate. Took me 10 minutes with rRootage.

If some more people will do this mod, I will definately add rumble support to more of the games I ported.

It would be a cool feature to built a message system in to the OS so if the Battery goes under 10% it starts rumbeling or so.

But I want to keep my PCB free for an LED Hack:)

It would be a cool feature to built a message system in to the OS so if the Battery goes under 10% it starts rumbeling or so.

But I want to keep my PCB free for an LED Hack:)
I never said it had to be a rumble hack could just be any hack .

Back