Hardware hack help for I2C

joachim

I have tested the LED hardware hack and use it for switching external parts.

For more things like ADC or external LCD I would like to use the I2C bus.

Is there any info on how to use it like the LEDs . Maybe echo addr data > /sys/class... Some code could help here.

thank you.

Joachim

Hi, and welcome.

There's already a thread about this on these boards.

Check for it.

Thank you for the info. After searching in different forums I couldn´t find anything about I2C. Did I miss something - where should I look?

Joachim

I couldn't find anything, but the IP Board searching can be quirky.. I'm wondering if the setup is similar to how it's done on the Raspberry Pi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardware Hacking

You'll probably want a copy of i2ctools. You used to be able to download from the repo, but the Angstrom repo has updated to a version that is no longer compatible with the Pandora, so you'll have to download and install this older version

Everything you need to know for the hardware is in the manual on the wiki. Once you've configured your i2c device to use an address that isn't already in use and soldered it into place, it's a simple matter of running i2cset and i2cget to manipulate that device.

Not sure if I'll do it to my 1Ghz Unit, but It shouldn't too hard to mod an external 3 pin 0.1 header socket for i2c for the Pandora.

Back