Handwriting to text

Fzero

Advanced Member
Hi, just watching the latest video per day, seeing the gedit, can anyone recommend good handwriting to text program?

A quick google and I just learnt the correct terms on-line and off-line recognition. Suggestions for either welcome, if there's programs that do both even better.

See a lot of talk on Cellwriter which looks like, used with gnome, could do the job - but the grid system i thought could be a bit slow to input, not sure?

Perfect would be an on-line recognition and that could read writing from stylus to touchscreen that you were scrawling along the whole Pandora screen, on the programs 'paper' as it were, without restriction of a grid system which you have to write slowly as you only have limited grids.

note- my knowledge is slack on this so there may even be full page grids available, which I guess would work well, but I just watched 2 YouTube clips and both had a grid about 6 characters only

I was thinking of something like Graffiti for Palm, which is online but has a restricted area for handwriting, and acts a little like a virtual keyboard.

Not sure how useful it would be, but if I have the time I might make something like it anyway, as an exercise.

Nice one, that App looks better than the grid styled one I think, watched a video just now and one guy was writing very quick even in that little area - seemed to keep up with him well too.

I'll have to remember to pop my head into the developer threads now and then and keep my eye out

I still cart my Clié about although I'd being used less as time drags on.

I'm used to and like Graffiti. Some thing like this would be great.

Back