Hacked Again...

can confirm the site has been hacked with the same hack as before, IFRAME in the User header linking to the exploit. this really should have been fixed last time as i bet more people will be infected if using IE.

Yay! I don't use IE any more so I'm safe, Hurrah for Firefox!

Adblocked again. It might not be as easy to prevent as you think, this would be the job of the web hosting company rather than the GP32X-Team's.

- Alex

well, its a big site so its attractive to spyware asses,
hando realy needs to update the forum, but that takes pretty much work.

Its not really to do with the web hosting people to sort this out. The hack is an exploit in the forum software which can simply be prevented by updating software. The forums are using a very old version which itself was a public beta test version. I believe hando has the latest software but he hasnt updated it yet.

As much as the thought of IE users getting dicked over amuses me, it’s pretty clear that something has got to be done to prevent this sort of thing. I’m all for motivating people to switch to alternative browsers, but this is kinda extreme…

whiskthecat posted on Apr 5 2006 at 12:30 PM said:
Antivir saved me this time. But last time I had to reformat. :angry:
If you're so pissed off, why aren't you using Firefox?

I am, so I'm safe, but just in case I adblocked that annoying iframe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickmon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
What *()*) twats keep doing this, grow up you idots!
Most likely automated applications running on zombie boxes. I doubt there's an actual individual doing this.

nickspoon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
whiskthecat posted on Apr 5 2006 at 12:30 PM said:
Antivir saved me this time. But last time I had to reformat. :angry:
If you're so pissed off, why aren't you using Firefox?

I am, so I'm safe, but just in case I adblocked that annoying iframe.
exactly, get Firefox, its great and extensions are really nice :).

The solution is not to use Firefox. The solution is to solve the forum bugs by updating to the last stable version, i think :angry:

I use both Firefox and IE. Probably other different idiot could find an specific bug for Firefox and not for IE... The solution could be change to IE? :blink:

Franxis posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
The solution is not to use Firefox. The solution is to solve the forum bugs by updating to the last stable version, i think :angry:

I use both Firefox and IE. Probably other different idiot could find an specific bug for Firefox and not for IE... The solution could be change to IE? :blink:

Agreed, I too use Firefox and IE. Oh and I use Netscape too, depending on what scripts I am testing at the time...

Stop flaming the browsers folks, it makes no sense. If you think IE is insecure and Firefox aint, just look up the silly domain spoof thing that IE hasn't apparently used yet that currently effects mozilla based browsers. In the end, it's horses for courses and that's that.

As to the forum killing bot-software, It's a shame that some ejit actually wrote it in the first place. Why don't people like that create constructive software instead? Probably because they just don't have a life. Oh well...

Except the domain spoofing thing has been fixed since 1.0.6 or something like that :D

The difference is that Mozilla actually fixes stuff when it comes to their attention. This IE exploit has existed forever.

I'm not flaming anyone for using a different browser, I think Microsoft should get their act together already.

Franxis posted on Apr 5 2006 at 11:30 AM said:

Exactly. I use both. Also did you ever consider that some of us are forced to use IE.

oh come on. not again ;)

Thankfully i too use FF so nothing bad this time :)

If hando has the upgrade he really needs to do it. not to sound nasty or anything but this is getting ridiculous ;)

And why does it take so fucking long to get rid of the iframe now? Last time it took over a week. WTF? Will it take another week to get rid of it again? We need an admin around here that actually keeps on top of things a bit, things are too lax. Using a different browser is not the solution, getting rid of the goddamn virus is ;)

And why isn't that shit ass traffsale.biz site SHUT DOWN! These adware people are the scourge of the earth. I would like to break all of their fingers for coding this shit.

And no I didn't get infected but this is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Problem is, only Hando can fix this ... but being the absentee admin that he is, we'll have to wait.

Back