Hacked Again...

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
TelcoLou posted on Apr 6 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
Problem is, only Hando can fix this ... but being the absentee admin that he is, we'll have to wait.
Someone should put a *big* banner on the front page warning not to enter the forums unless adequately protected. Just leaving it like this and not warning anyone is just negligence.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
T

TelcoLou

Guest
DaveC posted on Apr 5 2006 at 09:52 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Apr 6 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
Problem is, only Hando can fix this ... but being the absentee admin that he is, we'll have to wait.
Someone should put a *big* banner on the front page warning not to enter the forums unless adequately protected. Just leaving it like this and not warning anyone is just negligence.
I agree, maybe PM EvilDragon ... he's got a news account. All I can do is close topics ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kardasan

Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
283
Age
34
Location
Wroclaw, Poland
Website
Visit site
nice lesson to those, who doesn't use antivirus and firewall application. Learn the God damn lesson!! I use Opera on M$ with antivirus and firewall applied and I don't have any popups.
 

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
4,234
Age
27
Location
Essex, UK
Website
Visit site
whiskthecat posted on Apr 5 2006 at 10:34 PM said:
Franxis posted on Apr 5 2006 at 11:30 AM said:
The solution is not to use Firefox. The solution is to solve the forum bugs by updating to the last stable version, i think :angry:

I use both Firefox and IE. Probably other different idiot could find an specific bug for Firefox and not for IE... The solution could be change to IE? :blink:
Exactly. I use both. Also did you ever consider that some of us are forced to use IE.
How are you forced to use IE? I'm assuming you don't live in some pro-M$ anti-FF dictatorship, so you are perfectly free to use Firefox whenever you like. There's nothing stopping you. I use Firefox whereever I use a computer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rico

Certified Guru
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
5,649
Age
33
Location
England, UK
Website
Visit site
'Real jobs' as they are known, often force their employees to use IE and don't allow any other software. Regardless, the blame does not lie with the users.

Hando is the only admin who can remove the trojan and/or update the board software. I know he has a license to upgrade it, and we all hoped it would happen earlier.
 

nem

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
183
taras posted on Apr 6 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
I want my money back!!

OUTRAGED!
Haha, exactly my thoughts on this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Sep 7, 2003
Messages
1,626
Age
34
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
This is a bit of a joke really.

Hando needs to sort this out or give the site (or at least the admin rights) to someone else. I am sure there would be many credible volunteers.

And to all the idiots saying "use Firefox"- I do. But just think how many people who have never even heard of Firefox before are linked to these forums every day through google etc. Do these people deserve to be infested? no.

Its not exactly the best intro to the gp2x scene either is it? You go to the main site for gp2x news, get a virus, report it and then get flamed for using your browser of choice even though it is the sites fault.

Spreading virus' is not acceptable especially when it could be solved so easily.
 

Talyz

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
453
Age
30
Location
Sweden
Website
Visit site
Franxis posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
The solution is not to use Firefox. The solution is to solve the forum bugs by updating to the last stable version, i think :angry:

I use both Firefox and IE. Probably other different idiot could find an specific bug for Firefox and not for IE... The solution could be change to IE? :blink:
Nope, it would be switching to Linux :p

@DaveC: I'm just kidding; don't start your flaming :rolleyes: .
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TheFr00n

Still Fresh
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
86
I write this from home on my Ubuntu Linux system, using Firefox.

Well, thanks to this virus thingy I got nailed at work today. Hooray!

Technically I am supposed to be doing this shitty capture thing where you type out forms into a database. But obviously I am checking gmail and reading digg and slashdot instead - it is only £5.50 an hour after all, there has to be some perks. And decided to check out this forum.

IE begins to have kittens. Oops. CTRL-ALT-DEL, quickly aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

And within 20 minutes the cold claw of the IT minion landed on my shoulder and tossed my ass out of the building. Surfing is apparently against corporate policy.

Not to worry, it was a crap job anyway. Back to the agency tomorrow. Maybe I can get something where they let me drive a forklift. That would be cooooool.
 

Mudi

You're pushing your luck little man
Joined
Jan 25, 2006
Messages
815
Website
mudiweb.com
Wow, higherups at my job actually see me surfing this site once in a while and they don't do anything. I guess that I get enough real work done to keep them happy or something.
 

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
12,770
Location
Melbourne, VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA
TheFr00n posted on Apr 7 2006 at 06:58 AM said:
I write this from home on my Ubuntu Linux system, using Firefox.

Well, thanks to this virus thingy I got nailed at work today. Hooray!

Technically I am supposed to be doing this shitty capture thing where you type out forms into a database. But obviously I am checking gmail and reading digg and slashdot instead - it is only £5.50 an hour after all, there has to be some perks. And decided to check out this forum.

IE begins to have kittens. Oops. CTRL-ALT-DEL, quickly aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

And within 20 minutes the cold claw of the IT minion landed on my shoulder and tossed my ass out of the building. Surfing is apparently against corporate policy.

Not to worry, it was a crap job anyway. Back to the agency tomorrow. Maybe I can get something where they let me drive a forklift. That would be cooooool.
Sorry to hear that man. :(
I'm sure you'll get a better job soon. A job where you can surf till your hearts content. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ravnos

Asleep in Samsara
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
2,499
Age
37
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
Visit site
Driving a forklift is fun but they look down upon it when you speed around like a maniac and disregard the safety of others. :(

I also have a German safety video of a guy driving a forklift that is fucking hilarious, but it's not a real safety video. It would be awesome if it was, though.
 
Top