Gta Type Game For Pandora?

Well you could "scale" it down in the way that you can make the engine, graphics etc, then make a small demo level and release level building tools instead and scipting information and let the community fill your game with a city made by several people.

If the game is deacent, release on both Pandora and x86 systems there is a small chance your game could "make it".

That's my plan at least (I'm not making a GTA game, but still the idea applies) then sure I can make maps etc but so can others and even if I know all that is behind he screen I can play other peoples maps / scenarios and still ejoy it like a new game :p

Well wouldnt payback do? Im sure you could get the Pandora to run it, if not the game devs will no-doubt be porting it them selves.

MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
Well wouldnt payback do? Im sure you could get the Pandora to run it, if not the game devs will no-doubt be porting it them selves.

afaik the devs were interested in the pandora already

Last edited by a moderator:
Holokauston said:
Well you could "scale" it down in the way that you can make the engine, graphics etc, then make a small demo level and release level building tools instead and scipting information and let the community fill your game with a city made by several people.
That was what I was thinking when I first started reading this thread. Actually it would be pretty cool to develop an engine wich downloadis its world data from a central server. Include a level editor, host a basic map and some graphics libraries and let the community build the game up as they go. An ever eveloving game which would be different every time you play it.

Sweet

crazedover said:
impreziv said:
would be cool for someone to make a homebrew GTA-clone game. with multiplayer support, so you could have a deathmatch across the city. like the new GTA4.
GTA4 isn't the first GTA game to have multiplayer support. GTA LCS and VCS for the PSP both have multiplayer support.

didnt say it was the first, but thanks for coming out

Cameleon said:
How about a 3rd person game for the pandora like gta, but with gameplay like typing of the dead...that way we can see if all the keys work and can be used properly... :p
Heheh... another one for the projects list... a Typing of the Dead style game... why must you do this to me!? ;)

Yeah I'm not sure which homebrewers would have the drive to create a GTAIII style game... if we work through all the projects we've chalked up... maybe we can consider it... but I dunno right now. Lot's of projects to start and finish already...

As for the Pandora... it can surely handle this sort of game. The specs are approaching Game
Cube level. Coded in the right way a lot can be done, you'll just need a small team or a very dedicated multi-tasking individual.

Back