Just Ordered

pokitfoxx

hey, just sent in my order, ive been reading the forums for a while now, happy the community is where its at.
now i just have to wait.... i dunno two months or so.....
when it comes i get to turn my cell phone off and have all my friends wondering if i died! cant wait, gratz team for making your dreams come true. and thanks to all you devs out there giving your free time to help out.
i know kind of a waste of a topic, but while im here i might as well make it somewhat useful
games im stoked to play on my panda:

Day of the tentacle
legend of kyrandia 1 and 2
full throttle
the dig
space quest 1 - 5 if possible
yobis basic spelling
crash bandicoot
commander keen all of em
loom

i dunno and more, any1 know if some of these games dont/wont work?
cant wait.

Don't mean to be a bubble-burster, but it'll be at least 3 months before the 2nd batch starts shipping. But hey, I'm sure you'll love it when it comes! I think those games will all (uh, Yobi's? Don't know that) be playable - if not now, then by the time you receive it.

Unless I'm mistaken, some will some won't. Commander keen should run, as should Loom and I think that Day of the Tentacle should run via SCUMM. I doubt that the dig or full throttle will, but I could be wrong about that.

course i know i wont get it till like 2020 but whatever, im stoked that people have come up with this idea and made it a reality!~ like a dingoo with a mega upgrade and a laptop, how much better could it really get?! oh yeah lets add some freekin nubs~! :D
awesome
and yobi's basic spelling is pretty much collect the letter in the right order, once you finish the word you go to the next level i dont know how to explain it but its pretty fun, gets incredibly hard when you get to around 60, and even harder if you try collecting all the lil extras :D
yobi's basic spelling

what about duke nukem? any1 tried those? no im not talking about 3d!

I also ordered my Pandora recently, I'm very excited. Though from what I understand, the creators of this device are infamous for being late, so I'm hoping to get my Pandora a bit before Christmas. Hefty price tag made me question what I was doing though, considering that with accessories and shipping to the US, I had to pay $430, 100 bucks more than I had initially expected. Most expensive online purchase I've ever made (hopefully will be worth it though!) Ah, well, here's to "it's the journey, not the destination"!

yeah i also didnt want to spend that much but at the same time i have been toying with the idea of getting one and i know it will be worth it.
all anyone that gets a pandora needs to do is spread the word, show off, brag your ass off, impress anyone you meet, pandora is moving slow and steady, however we still need to get the word out if we ever want global control....i mean global support.... and the more we get the word out the more sales OPT can get. it is the only way to make OPT win over corporate console manufacturers. I know the pandora is kind of a niche thing but with more people, more devs, more advertising, i can see (dare i say it)pandora 2 being like a mix between the laptops every1 gets now days and the xbox360 or ps3.
sry kinda stoned and just typing.

Alerino said:
almost sure that you'll be able to play them all fullspeed (with some OC on Dosbox for Comm. Keen maybe)

playing Kyrandia 2 atm

4772163797_9aabc8c72c.jpg
curious what other games do you have? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pokitfoxx said:
what about duke nukem? any1 tried those? no im not talking about 3d!

the original duke nukem works just fin on dosbox

Alerino said:
almost sure that you'll be able to play them all fullspeed (with some OC on Dosbox for Comm. Keen maybe)

playing Kyrandia 2 atm

Isn't there an interpreter for Commander keen that was ported to the wiz?

"Just ordered... Stoked"

Hello, and welcome to the Stoked crowd!

pokitfoxx said:

Sounds like you are going to fit in great! :)

pokitfoxx said:
hey, just sent in my order, ive been reading the forums for a while now, happy the community is where its at.
when it comes i get to turn my cell phone off and have all my friends wondering if i died! cant wait, gratz team for making your dreams come true. and thanks to all you devs out there giving your free time to help out.
i know kind of a waste of a topic, but while im here i might as well make it somewhat useful

Day of the tentacle
full throttle
the dig
yobis basic spelling
crash bandicoot
commander keen all of em
loom

cant wait.

Most of those games are compatable with Scummvm: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
The next version of scummvm will be able to play SCI games as well including the space quest games: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SCI/Testing#Full_Games

So that leaves "yobis basic spelling", "commander keen" and "crash bandicoot". Crash bandicoot runs well with some overclocking: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=en_GB#gid=0 and I could be wrong but I think I remember seeing one of the commander keen games run on dosbox. Shouldn't be impossible anyways. Regarding Yobis, I have no idea, I've never heard about it.

GunPei2X said:
Don't mean to be a bubble-burster, but it'll be at least 3 months before the 2nd batch starts shipping. But hey, I'm sure you'll love it when it comes! I think those games will all (uh, Yobi's? Don't know that) be playable - if not now, then by the time you receive it.

Im gonna say be prepared to wait at LEAST 6 months before it ships and I personally think if you are very lucky. I am damn near almost 23 months of waiting. Its been worth it but damn is that a long time to wait(and still waiting). Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the waiting zone!

:( 2 month is exactly how long i have to wait.
i am so sad since no1 even got the reference

pokitfoxx said:
:( 2 month is exactly how long i have to wait.
i am so sad since no1 even got the reference
Prey

lol did you mean pray? or prey?.... pray i get it in TwoMonths™?
or prey for.....well i dont want to be anythings prey.

Alerino said:
pokitfoxx said:

Day of the tentacle
full throttle
the dig
yobis basic spelling
crash bandicoot
commander keen all of em
loom

cant wait.

playing Kyrandia 2 atm

Have you tried Curse of Monkey Island yet it's the only game I play on ScummVM that's still choppy on my PSP and I wondered how it was on the Pandora.

@pokitfoxx
Glad to hear that you've ordered one and most of your games you've listed are ones I'm looking forward to playing too. Can't wait. :D

Back