Gpx2 Processor Speed

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

MODS - before you move or merge this topic, please don't! I believe that this question should have its own post so that people read it and stop asking the same question:

For some reason, gamepark holdings decided to spend a bit more time answering my questions than some of the others, and the answers are great. Many people may miss them though, because they are a few pages back in the 'suggestions' board:

QUESTIONS:
Hi,

With so many goodies coming out for the 'gpx2 successor', such as wifi, etc, what reason do we have to buy this model and not wait for the next one?

I also agree with many others here that the CPU should be more powerful/faster. As it stands, it is not that much faster than the current [overclocked] GP32.

Cheers,
Pea

ANSWERS
Dear Pea

This is a good question.
The reason you have to buy this product not waiting for gpx successor is related with our marketing strategy.
Although you could wait till then , u know it's really up to you.
What i want to say is that our selling point is LOW COST.
Though we can add DMB,WIFI and so on,,,,then cost will be higher than this.
As you may know, there is no pmp under 200bucks in current market.
Despite gpx2 doesnt support full size HD space we can substitue it as SD card.it's only $50.and it is getting cheaper.
And i think the main purpose of pmp is portable feature.It's not that We are carrying a Big PC.u know...
We can download movies from pc.
It is your choice to choose expensive one with wifi
otherwise,if you are willing to make a little effort to download then save your money buying gpx2 but other HD typ pmp

Concerning the CPU speed ,i really gotta say this,
it seems many ppl think that clock speed is not faster ,but the truth is not.
Up to now there are some product with 400~600hmz
However that doesnt mean speed is much much faster than gpx2.
Besides efficiecy could be lower than 200mhz.
Also gpx2 has 2d accelarator that enables performance higher.
Furtheremore cpu process graphic and sound seperately and buses are devide which make cpu process speed higher.

So i really want to say that ppl don;t have to worry about the speed .

i hope my anwer would be helpful when u decide to buy our product.

Thank you

So there you go.
1) Stop asking for features because price will go up :) - just wait for the successor
2) Stop complaining about CPU speed - answers above

I think the Gizmondo kinda proves the cpu speed thing. Sure, the processor is twice as fast, but the rest of the system is more than twice as slow, so you end up with a system that can just about match the gp2x in terms of speed with most emulators (like, for example, PSX).

sexijessi1993 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:46 PM said:
wuts the difrance btween a gp2x n a gpx2??!?!?!?!?!? i ordered a gp2x wuz that bad??!?!?!?!?

I hope you do realize by now that they are the same thing. Bah she'll never read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys realized that this topic was dead for one whole year right?

@jessi: please don't resurrect dead threads. and your purchase was the right one. the gp32 is outdated compared to the gp2x

Squidge posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
Bah, I didn't read the date.

/me slaps sexijessi1993 for bumping a year old thread :p
It's worth it to see that Bug's Life avatar of yours again, though. ^_^

Squidge posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:07 AM said:
, so you end up with a system that can just about match the gp2x in terms of speed with most emulators (like, for example, PSX).

Nope - the PSX4Gizmondo is reportedly slower than piss.

Squidge posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:42 AM said:
Bah, I didn't read the date.

/me slaps sexijessi1993 for bumping a year old thread :p
:eek: Squidge abuses women!!!!!!

it's not safe here anymore :unsure:

xinfernoofdantex posted on Jul 26 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
:eek: Squidge abuses women!!!!!!

it's not safe here anymore :unsure:

Slap! :D

@ Crazy Goat: Zodttd did say the Giz version was "approximately the same speed as the gp2x version". I've never played it personally on either system, so I can't say for sure. I think the only reason he ported it was because of the extra 200Mhz of processor power. I bet he wished he hadn't bothered now!

oh my god.. that person is CLEARLY someone from this forum with an alternate nickname pissing everyone off. find what other accounts are running off the same ip and ban them all

Paradox posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:47 PM said:
oh my god.. that person is CLEARLY someone from this forum with an alternate nickname pissing everyone off. find what other accounts are running off the same ip and ban them all

Ip checked and only one account is using that ip.

Oh well.

Trooper

trooper posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:35 PM said:
Paradox posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:47 PM said:

Ip checked and only one account is using that ip.

Oh well.

Trooper

OMG I M REAL I M NOT A FAKE PERSON I M GETTING A GP2X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP HARASING ME PLZ EVERY1

g4m3r posted on Jul 26 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
I call for a ban on Jessi!

My report to the mods:

Grave digging. Please, won't someone do something about this troll? If this user can muster the intellect to use the search function to find a thread over a year old, they can also type in legible English.

Please, I'm begging you.

I would have banned this user forever, but then again I was labeled a nazi ... ha. You all get what you deserve :lol:

TelcoLou posted on Jul 27 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
g4m3r posted on Jul 26 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
I call for a ban on Jessi!

My report to the mods:

Grave digging. Please, won't someone do something about this troll? If this user can muster the intellect to use the search function to find a thread over a year old, they can also type in legible English.

Please, I'm begging you.

I would have banned this user forever, but then again I was labeled a nazi ... ha. You all get what you deserve :lol:

WEN I FOUND THIS I JUS CLIKED ON THE PAGE #S AT THE BOTTOM !!!!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT NO IT WAS A YEAR OLD!!!!

Back