Gpx2 Just Arrived

Hello other South Carolinian. I'm in the same boat, only my brother doesn't particularly care.

Sie sollen sagen, wenn etwas auf Ebay Europa und nicht Ebay.com oder Ebay.co.uk ist...

Am I the only one with lines going across the screen where there are big contrast changes like white video loading on black screen. It makes lines appear sideways at the top and the bottom of the loading image. I dont mean the vertical line down the middle which shouldve been fixed in the newest fw which I have too anyway
So is no one elsehaving this problem? Can it be fixed with a firmware update?
Are you using an AC adapter or batteries? If its a crappy adapter it produce weird interference on some screens and speakers (not nessacelery the GP2X !! it can do it to anything please don't quote this 'Yet Another GP2X Bug'™)
Im using batteries. Heres a picture of what a mean. If you look in the black area there are lines going across from the loading image. Sorry for the high res image by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one with lines going across the screen where there are big contrast changes like white video loading on black screen.  It makes lines appear sideways at the top and the bottom of the loading image.  I dont mean the vertical line down the middle which shouldve been fixed in the newest fw which I have too anyway
So is no one elsehaving this problem? Can it be fixed with a firmware update?
Are you using an AC adapter or batteries? If its a crappy adapter it produce weird interference on some screens and speakers (not nessacelery the GP2X !! it can do it to anything please don't quote this 'Yet Another GP2X Bug'™)
Im using batteries. Heres a picture of what a mean. If you look in the black area there are lines going across from the loading image. Sorry for the high res image by the way

Have you tried losening the crews on the back of the GP2X slighty, too much pressure on the screen could be a problem. If that doesn't work then I dunno. Ask for a replacement?

It only seem to be areas were theres high contrast changes though. Like the white gp2x logo on black loading screen just before the green loading screen

They don't even sell AC adapter, yet. Blah

yaustar said:
Just buy a multivoltage one from an electronic store ;)

Do you still need to use one with reversed polarity or whatever, like the GP32? I was always scared to try on that for fear of destroying it.

psj3809: I will take your case. Where do you live, and would you like me to pay shipping or something?

Where do you live ? If you are in the UK i'll ship it for free, anywhere else you may have to pay a bit by Paypal, i'm not looking to make any money from the case, just the postage in case its a bit much from outside the UK

Its a blue carrying case with GP32 on one side and 'astonishia story' on the other (?)

PM me and if you are in the UK i'll send it off to ya tomorrow

Cheers

Someone should arrange a gp2x gathering in the UK, then people from all over the world would show up for this friendly community and mudfights. B)
Hope everyone gets their units and the sdk will be released soon, maybe that will cool things down.

Its a pity there werent any GP32 fans at CGEUK last August. It was a large retro gathering in London which was pretty good, some guest speakers didnt turn up (Eg Matthew Smith - Manic Miner/JSW) but there were a lot of stalls selling stuff etc, not bad.

In December this year theres 'Retroball' near Coventry in the UK, that should be quite good. Plus with Retro Gamer coming back in December and a few other fanzine/magazines being produced its a good time for retro.

where's this second layer you're supposed to remove then? I've only peeled the thing off the back but the screen protectors still got loads of scratches
Yea if you pick at the edges you can get the protective stickey thing off which covers the screen, the sticky is scratched, the screen under isnt.

To be clear, ive removed the viynl thing off the screen, is that the only one i gota take off before i stick it on my gp2x?

Back