Gpsp V0.9-2xb-u6

It's very nice of you devs that you don't stop the support for the GP2x...

Regards,
Stephan

Very happy to see a new version of gpsp on Gp2x ! Will surely download and use it and post feedback ! Thanks !!

very very cool. I love gba games. There was so much neat stuff out there not as crap flooded as the Nintendo DS. I used to play a lot of gba games on my gp2x aswell because I didn't like playing on my DS so much. Especially the scaler will come in handy, the gp2x has such a much nicer screen.

Wow, a life-sign of the GPSP for the good old GP2X! :) The new SW scaler looks very good, finaly I also can play games over the whole screen stretched without getting eye-cancer. :D (I usualy play 1:1 unscaled, looks perfect but the big black border makes the tiny GBA Image even more Tiny.
I tried it with Advance Wars 2 € 200MHz, Frameskip 1. Scaler eats up to 10-20 FPS but game is still playable. "Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance" looks good too even if there is still the highlighting of items in use missing (green highlight behind the used Items) So it is still trial and error to equip the Chara with the right Items. But this is the only (big) graphical glitch I ever discovered within GPSP. EMU is still superb.

I wonder, how good it would run onto the Pandora, even underclocked I think this Emu would be much faster than onto the GP2X overclocked. :D And the best thing is, a clean 3x stretched GBA screen fits perfectly into the Pandora Screen, no performance eating non linear SW scaler will be needed I think. :)

The new SW scaler looks very good, finaly I also can play games over the whole screen stretched without getting eye-cancer. :D (I usualy play 1:1 unscaled, looks perfect but the big black border makes the tiny GBA Image even more Tiny.
Exactly the reason why I'm so happy. I rarely showed my friends the GBA emu because Fullscreen was like "Hideous!" and 1:1 was fine for me but too small for others.

I wonder, how good it would run onto the Pandora, even underclocked I think this Emu would be much faster than onto the GP2X overclocked. :D And the best thing is, a clean 3x stretched GBA screen fits perfectly into the Pandora Screen, no performance eating non linear SW scaler will be needed I think. :)

I hope so!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely going to use it!!!
Uh... well... at least untlil Pandora appears :)

Good job and thanks for not forgetting the GP2X

well ..with wiz,dingo and upcoming pandora
it is very clear that this little device is dying in our hands :(
i can't remember "highs&lows" on this little piece made in korea ..
there were only "improvements" from excellent coders

maybe we should thank everyone involved and probably hope that
gods like notaz will add the magic "coder touch" to remaining "not so fast" emulators
so every "spectator" into GP2x emulation will live forever with a happy smile :)
thankyou notaz!

[PicoDrive] [gpSP 0.9-2Xb-u6] [SDHC backport] [F200 TouchscreenHack] [gpfce 0.4 r313] [Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2a]

Yeahh, I'll use this emu !!

I've start a month ago to play GBA games, there a lot of good stuff on that platform :D, Castlevania serie is awsome.
I have to take a break today to play Michael Jakson's Moonwalker on picodrive, do you remember ? Dance with zombies and saving little kids ....

Thanks for you work !

I've just compiled GP2X version of gpSP, it has all fixes from Wiz version + software scaler as a bonus. The later causes more noticeable performance hit then on Wiz, but is still usable for some games with some overclock. I've also bundled it with RAM timings setting app, I don't think everyone was setting their RAM timings manually.

download here

I'm interested how much emu oriented GP2X users we still have, if you are going to use this please post in this thread.
Oh wow. This I need to check out. I've been using the F200 quite a bit recently so being able to check out GBA emulation - new GBA emulation is a big bonus.

Notaz have a private message, :) please answer, is a problem with the emu GPSP for GP2X.
Thank you.

I've just compiled GP2X version of gpSP, it has all fixes from Wiz version + software scaler as a bonus. The later causes more noticeable performance hit then on Wiz, but is still usable for some games with some overclock. I've also bundled it with RAM timings setting app, I don't think everyone was setting their RAM timings manually.

download here

I'm interested how much emu oriented GP2X users we still have, if you are going to use this please post in this thread.
I will be using it. Can't you monitor the number of downloads as an accurate way of figuring out how many users there are? I use my gp2x for a good mix of emulation and homebrew.

Chris

Awesome! Great to see GPSP is still getting updated on the GP2X, keep up the spectacular work Notaz.

Gonna give it a whirl and reading the other posts, looks like it's getting even better. :D

Heck yeah! I'm still strong on the GP2X. None of its replacements caught my attention yet. So yes, keep them coming!

Thanks a lot for yet another great release!

Thanks notaz.

I still use my gp2x almost daily and will likely continue to do so until Pandora arrives.

Finally got round to try it and it is noticably quicker than the previous version. Many thanks for all your hard work Notaz. :)

Back