Gpscumm

Hound

Still Fresh
Hi guys! Don't pick on the newbie! :D

Just picked up my first ever GP32 today, however, having scoured the net (albiet not that much) i cannot find the much talked about gpscumm vm. I have sam and max and would dearly love to play this on my new toy to show off to my mates!

has this version been pulled? Did it even work with sam and max? does anyone have a copy they can email to me?

Ta!

Yes, a direct link is http://gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_what=selectfolder&id=20

You didn't even have to leave the site ;)

Two useful bits of information: Using the search button at the bottom of these forums is a great idea. Likely someone before you ran into the same kind of trouble.

And, GP32X has a long list of emulators, software, etc to the left side of it's homepage.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam'n'max mostly works - I think it is just the whack a mole bit that you need to play through on your pc and there is currently no sound.

There is an oldish version here that plays sam'n'max. There is also a newer version by DJ Willis (and he has every right to flame me to hell for saying that there is no sound after all of the work he has put in!) but I can't for the life of me remember where it is now.

Just put the .fxe in the \gpmm directory
put these file in a directory of their own:

samnmax.000
samnmax.001

and you should be ready to go!

thingley posted on Jul 8 2004 at 08:34 PM said:
there is currently no sound.
Actually, there is. Just no speech. If you aren't getting music, then something's going wrong. Try using the floppy ver instead of the CD one and including the monster.sou file.

Also, for older versions of ScummVM and possibly for newer ones, you had to rename the .s00 and .s01 files to .000 and .001 files respecitvely. Or .s01 and .s02 to .000 and .001; I can't quite remember - long time since I've done it. But there's probably some renaming involved, at least unless it loads without it.

Thanks for the tips chaps!

Its a shame that Scumm wont work with the voices, i guess that is half of the appeal of the game, im sure the humour is still there though (havent played this game for about 7 years!)

But i have to say, after just rinsing gunstar heroes on my BLU (yet to name mine yet, or is that justa bit daft??), I am VERY impressed with this piece of kit, yet it feels like the best is yet to come somehow.

I'll just keep counting down the days till we get a full speed snes emulator (with sound) and talkie scumm :D

Well I now have a working GP32 again so I am now spending tonight testing the newest ScummVM code. Nothing to report but I am still working on it :D.

My 0.5.1 version is an ALPHA. i.e. I made it to prove a point not to be a really playable version. The fact that games like Monkey Island 1-2 and Loom run with OGG audio well is a bonus :D.

As for Sam and Max, I bought a copy a few weeks ago so expect to see this getting better over time as I work out what causes the major slowdowns.

DJWillis posted on Jul 8 2004 at 09:40 PM said:
Well I now have a working GP32 again so I am now spending tonight testing the newest ScummVM code. Nothing to report but I am still working on it :D.

My 0.5.1 version is an ALPHA. i.e. I made it to prove a point not to be a really playable version. The fact that games like Monkey Island 1-2 and Loom run with OGG audio well is a bonus :D.

As for Sam and Max, I bought a copy a few weeks ago so expect to see this getting better over time as I work out what causes the major slowdowns.
Wow great news DJ Willis!

thx

DJWillis posted on Jul 8 2004 at 10:40 PM said:

Keep up the good work DjWillis :D

btw : enjoy your new Gp32 :D

I dont have the files 001 or 000 just some smanmax.sm1.
Is there somin wrong with my file?I got the monster.sou too.

Back