Gp2x Downunder!!!!

I too have experienced excellent service and support from GP2X.net.au
Very fast (two days!!!), thorough and helpful!
(Plus a bonus CD to boot)

Any Australians after a GP2X will not have any difficulties getting there hands on one with these guys

Keep up the good work and thanks again!!!

Ihave found these to be the cheapest batteries available.

$13.17 for Sanyo 2500mAh + $4 postage.

My GP2x uses them. With Firmware v2 and these 2500s I get mp3 audio for about 4 hours via speakers.

The difference between 2500 and 2100 is huge (less than 1 hr to 4 hrs)

Well first the good news, we will be receiving shipment of Carry cases, Breakout boards and spare joystick caps on Friday 29th July!!!!

And now the bad news, we have sold out of the GP2X until we receive our next shippment Friday 29th July :(

I just want to say thanks for all the support Aussies have given the GP2X Shop! You guys and gals ROCK!

cheers!!!!!!!

DOUG

I bought my GP2X from you guys - great stuff! Quick turn around; ordered on Friday and got it on Tuesday.

I've got both a Mk1 and now a Mk2.

The Mk1 seems to overclock way better than the Mk2 - is this common?

The Mk2 seems to max out at 260Mhz - the Mk1 seems to do over 300Mhz :D

Excellent, I'll be ordering a few of those caps to play around with modding :)

Glad to hear the shop is doing well!

The GP2X is getting some exposure in Australia... well on the news stands anyways.

On the back cover of Retrogammer UK edition (cool mag) is an add for the GP2X, I'd have to thank Craig for that one I'm guessing. cheers mate!!

Current edition of Australian T3 mag (girl in red skimpy outfit with fuzzy hair) pg26 has a nice full page pic of the GP2X an a cool little blurb about it... I'm glad people are actually reading my press releases, thanks T3.

and one to lookout for next month is LinuxUser UK edition, the GP2X gets a staring role on the front cover.

So now's a good time if any to start that GP2X magazine collection.... :)

cheers DOUG

I just realised that most of the T3 mags have girls in skimpy outfits on the cover, the one to get is August 2006 Issue 63. :D

Got my gp2x last week from your shop and i havent stopped playing it.
Ordered Thurs night got it Tuesday. Very helpful with enquiries.

I'll be ordering the case from you soon.

This is a bit of a call out to any Australian GP2X developers. I'm really keen to put together a page showcasing what Aussies are up to in the world of GP2X Linux.

Also there are some things I would really like to get moving in the way of development namely WiFi.

So please if you have or are developing any software or hardware and you want to share it with other Aussie GP2Xers either contact me through the contact page:

http://www.gp2x.net.au/?p=p_1&sName=Contact

or just leave a post and I'll get in contact with you.

Hopefully there are enough of you out there that we can hold a friendly coding comp in the future??? :lol:

cheers DOUG

torpor posted on Aug 3 2006 at 05:09 AM said:
I'm Australian, but I live in Germany. Does that count? I've got 4 GP2X's, and am very avidly hacking away at it ..

Aussies are Aussies where ever you live, as long as you'er thinking of coming back at some stage... :)

What have you got hooked up in the photo?? looks cool. Have you got any links to new apps/games you have written that you would like to share?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few other students and I are working on a gp2x game as part of one of our game subjects at Latrobe Bundoora (Melbourne).
We've passed on information to the head of the games dev department of the uni and he might be ordering a gp2x from you for the labs here so that anyone else can develop for it. Should be interesting.

In a few months time when we finish our game to a demo-able extent we'll let you all know.

GP2XShop-AUS posted on Aug 2 2006 at 11:15 PM said:
Aussies are Aussies where ever you live, as long as you'er thinking of coming back at some stage... :)

Can't keep me away from the beaches! :)

What have you got hooked up in the photo?? looks cool. Have you got any links to new apps/games you have written that you would like to share?

Its a GP2X with my custom pimp knob, the official GPH BoB, two Griffin Powermate knobs, and a MIDI interface (MIDIMAN 2x2) .. I work in the audio business, and for fun with the GP2X lately I've got a custom kernel build+sysimage which adds support for the powermates, usb-midi, and the full MidiShare lib, which I'm using to build a full MIDI workstation with the GP2X .. when I get it smoothed out a little to the point that other GP2X coders can get the whole thing (sysimage+MidiShare+drivers) built themselves fairly easily, I'll release the whole package and we can then look forward to the GP2X becoming a fairly decent platform for MIDI hacking .. there's nothing quite like hooking up the Powermates and using them to control a room's full of racked MIDI gear, let me tell you .. especially with the GP2X's TV output, which puts the racks in a whole different realm of usability (read: no PC required..)

...which I'm using to build a full MIDI workstation with the GP2X.

See, now it's exactly this sort of thing that has me wanting a GP2X where I've never had any interest in any handheld console thingy before. There's more to life than gameplaying, and GP2Xers seem to know this more than most. :eek:)

Shipped 4pm Thursday, in my hands 9am Friday.

They could have shipped me a dog turd with an LCD screen attached and I'd still have nothing but praise for gp2x.net.au

Thankyou!

(Now I've just gotta get the bloody thing to work - but that's a separate issue)

GP2XShop-AUS posted on Jul 24 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
Well first the good news, we will be receiving shipment of Carry cases, Breakout boards and spare joystick caps on Friday 29th July!!!!

Are the joystick caps listed on the site? I wanna order a couple, but can't find any.

Whats the AUD$?

White Demon posted on Aug 12 2006 at 02:14 AM said:
Are the joystick caps listed on the site? I wanna order a couple, but can't find any.

Hi White Demon,

I finally got a chance to update our catalogue and add the Joycaps, they are $6 for 3 caps. However the minimum shipping is still $9 so it may be worth getting something else as well.

Also we have sold out of the Development boards, we won't get any in the near future unless people are still interested in getting them? We are waiting till the Cradles come out, should be around October, nothing official yet.

cheers DOUG

I just placed an order with you's last night. can't wait till it comes. I was thinking about the dev board but now you speak of a docking station, I will wait till they annouce that before I start bugging you.

Back