Gpfce Wont Show Roms

fmaanimefreak

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I just installed GPFCE but none of my roms will show up when I run it.

The GPFCE folder is in the / directory of my sd card
Roms are in /roms/nes/

Also I am using gmenu2x if that makes any difference

-fma

Enter the path in the config file:

- Take care of case sensitivity
- Don't forget the /mnt/sd/ before everything else
- Try both with and without / at the end of the path

HEP posted on Mar 18 2007 at 10:56 AM said:

:blink:

under what excactaly?

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Mar 18 2007 at 07:14 PM said:
under what excactaly?
Under "baseDir".

would you copy what the config file should say here?

Yes, could you? I'm not too clear on what your saying.

Anyway; by case sensitivity I assume you mean that I put nes instead of Nes, etc.; everything is how it said in the README.txt

I'm don't have access to my other computer (that has all my gp2x stuff) right now; so I'll do whatever I need to do tomorrow.

-fma

Since you're using Gmenu2x already, why don't you just use Gmenu2x's selector instead of selector. Just make a link to the file called "gpfce" (note that there's no file extension), and set the selector, wrapper, and clockspeed options on that link. You're done.

Same exact problem. Just got my GP2X today, firmware 3.0.0.

My SD card is set up perfectly, like set in the Read Me, and I've even messed with the config. This is an annoyance, because I would really love to play NES games on my GP2X. Any help would be welcome.

The path is already in the config file and I tried it with and without the / at the end it didn't work either way.

Since you're using Gmenu2x already, why don't you just use Gmenu2x's selector instead of selector. Just make a link to the file called "gpfce" (note that there's no file extension), and set the selector, wrapper, and clockspeed options on that link. You're done.
Yes, I've made a link to gpfce but I don't know how to set all that other stuff. The reason I got gmenu2x was because it looked nice and easy to use; I don't really know that much about these other features you speak of.

-fma

LegendaryMachine posted on Mar 20 2007 at 11:51 PM said:
Same exact problem. Just got my GP2X today, firmware 3.0.0.

My SD card is set up perfectly, like set in the Read Me, and I've even messed with the config. This is an annoyance, because I would really love to play NES games on my GP2X. Any help would be welcome.

Yeah, I'm still having trouble too. :|

Step by step guide for gmenu:

If you already have a link to gpfce in gmenu;
1) Highlight that link and press select
2) Select the option for "Edit xxx" (xxx being the name of the link)
3) On the next screen, go down and select the option called "Selector Directory", and then browse to the folder where your roms are
4) Hit start to exit, and you're done!

If you don't have a link to gpfce in gmenu;
a) Hit select from gmenu
B) Select the first option, called "Add link in emulators"
c) Browse to gpfce.gpe file
d) Follow the instructions for steps 1 through 4 above.

Finally discovered what I did wrong. I had to changed my config file to filter nes files as my roms are all .nes. So stupid (I mean myself).

kamenrider posted on Mar 25 2007 at 06:08 AM said:
Finally discovered what I did wrong. I had to changed my config file to filter nes files as my roms are all .nes. So stupid (I mean myself).

....Oh goddamnit.

Time to go do the same thing here!

Hmm..Is that it? Well, I tried but that didn't work.
Heres what happened:

I open the config file and change "zip" to "nes" under the words "Filter" or something like that (I'm not on that computer right now). I click save. I unmount the gp2x/sd card.
I run gpfce and nothing comes up again. I plug the gp2x back into my computer but it seems what I changed did not stay changed; because it's back to saying "zip".
I redid this several times.

My SD Card wasn't on it's lock/protect mode so the changes should have been written to it.

On a related note:
If you already have a link to gpfce in gmenu;
1) Highlight that link and press select
2) Select the option for "Edit xxx" (xxx being the name of the link)
3) On the next screen, go down and select the option called "Selector Directory", and then browse to the folder where your roms are
4) Hit start to exit, and you're done!
I tried this but when I selected the game it didn't start it; but it started up the emulator and brought me to its menu. I also tried this with some other emulators that already work but the same thing happened.

It just seems nothing works right for me... :(

Back