Gpfce Update

one suggestion for the smb3 is to turn on the side clipping in the fce settings

also i added volume control in, archive should be updated in a sec

Neil L said:
Optimistic said:
Can we get a push L for save state and push R for load state---maybe with a push y to confirm? Pressing both volume keys at the same time and then navigating a menu is annoying.
Hi,
If you download my attached zip file from my above post, the settings in the fceu2.cfg are set to L & R with a confirm on both load & save.
Just overwrite yours (in the fceultra folder) with this one.
Cheers, Neil

Excellent. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimistic said:
Neil L said:
Optimistic said:
Can we get a push L for save state and push R for load state---maybe with a push y to confirm? Pressing both volume keys at the same time and then navigating a menu is annoying.
Hi,
If you download my attached zip file from my above post, the settings in the fceu2.cfg are set to L & R with a confirm on both load & save.
Just overwrite yours (in the fceultra folder) with this one.
Cheers, Neil
Excellent. Thank you!
The modified fceu2.cfg is now included in the new version on the archive. (Here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,51 )
Thanks for adding this to the latest version. :)

I've now edited the fceu file from the latest release to fix a few things on the options/menu screens. (As I did with the older version on my earlier post)
I've posted this file below, if anybody wants to try it feel welcome, but please let me know what you think. (Just unzip it and replace your fceu file with this one)
Maybe the archive could be updated including this new file. ;)

Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:

Maybe the archive could be updated including this new file. ;)

If you can tell me what you modifying then the source can be updated and then it will be included from that point on

im happy with the sw scale correction. But i notice a lot of tearing like the previous version. Is it a way to remove that tearing ? is it just me that have this problem.
thanks for answer

i got firmware 1.2.1 and it's hardly noticable - and i think either the normal or rotated version has it fixed anyway?

crow_riot said:
i got firmware 1.2.1 and it's hardly noticable - and i think either the normal or rotated version has it fixed anyway?

The non-rotated for sure will have the tear, the tear will be from corner to corner.
The rotated will not be as bad but i have seen the tear, and it can occur anywhere along the length of the screen and at an angle. So tearing still does occur even when the screen is rotated.
Theres nothing more I can do to improve it. The only thing i can suggest is adding the script options to set the screen refresh to 120 Hz. Allow those settings are supposed to be in effect in the latest GPH image.

i just installed firmware 1.2.1 WOW HURRAY THANKS NINE MILLION TIMES. THE EMU ROCKS. NO TEARING WITH ROTATED

THANKS NINE MILLION TIMES.

Wow i think i will play with this nes emu 8 hours a day

thanks for answer and thanks pickle for that wonderful emulator

( only minor thing that can be done is a hardware scaling, but not very important. with gp2x the screen look better with hardware scaling than software scaling

renejr902 said:
( only minor thing that can be done is a hardware scaling, but not very important. with gp2x the screen look better with hardware scaling than software scaling

the wiz does not support hardware scaling :)

crow_riot said:
renejr902 said:

i didnt know that. can someone explain me that. the gp2x can do that and not the wiz ????

thanks for answer

renejr902 said:
crow_riot said:

i didnt know that. can someone explain me that. the gp2x can do that and not the wiz ????

thanks for answer
Yes, GP2X has simple RGB scaler that Wiz does not.
also GP2X has moderately useful 2D accelerator (blitter) that Wiz does not.
also GP2X has 2 CPUs (but second one is hard to make use of) and Wiz has one.
also GP2X has some video decoding hardware that Wiz does not.

I saw Punch Out mentioned earlier on in this thread. I was able to get the graphical issues to dissapear by switching the "Force Region" option to PAL. The game feels a tad sluggish but the FPS counter says 50. :D

Punch out works perfectly in Nesemu, although this emulator could be improved a lot.

Back