List Of Emulators

jacksterson

Computer Systems
  • Atari ST: OutcaST
    OutcaST is an Atari ST emulator. You know you want your Xenon 2: Megablast and Dungeon Master on the move, right?

• Commodore Machines: Vice
    A port of VICE, an emulator for PET, C64, C128, C4++, etc. Uses special Orkie's libcastor as a replacement for minimal lib.
Consoles
  • Arcade: CPS2
    A port of the CPS2Emu for the gp2x by Ell including the frontend by Jycet.

• GameBoy Advance: gpSP
    Exophase's GBA emulator, wiz port by notaz.

• Genesis/MegaCD: PicoDrive
    PicoDrive with MegaCD/SegaCD support.

• NeoGeo CD: NeoCD
    A NeoGeo CD Emulator for your WiZ. Ported from NK's gp2x Version.

• NES: Gpfce
    NES emulator based on FCE.
    Disclaimer: This Wiz port is only for test purposes! It was done by Pickle and Orkie (Thanks guys!).
    The original code was done by notaz. Don't blame him for any problem occur with this port!
    More...

• PC-Engine: Temper
    Temper (Turbografx EMulator PER request) is a PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator for the WIZ

• Playstation: PSX4wiz
    Playstation Emulator - Work in progress test version.

• SMS/GG: AlexKidd2x
    Master System and Game Gear emulator for Wiz.

• SNES: PocketSNES
    A port of the gp2x Version of Reesy's and HeadOverHeels PocketSNES.

• Vectrex: Gex2x
    A port of Squidges gp2x Vectrex emu. Very buggy and unoptimized, but it features sound.
Engines & Interpreters
  • REminiscence
    REminiscence engine for Flashback

• ScummVM
    Play the famous LucasArts adventure games.

Other

*If I've left out any, tell me, and I'll add. I also want to use this topic for FAQs for those who don't know what to do with what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R posted on May 17 2009 at 11:16 AM said:
Theres no need for this. There is a category in the archive called "Emulators" that serves this function exactly.
To be honest, the whole categorization of files and 'official' updates between here, the wiz main website, and all the various other emu websites (dcemu, etc) are very confusing.

If newbies saw this constantly updating thread, they wouldn't have to google all night (like I did) to get a sense of direction :/

Actually, if a mod wants to change the title to something like "Your wiz and you", I can expand this thread and add all the homebrew games as well.

I'll categorize everything, so all anyone would need to do is ctrl+f instead of search google for hours. :D
And if you guys want, I'll post screenshots of them as well.

darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 01:59 PM said:
AlexKidd2x for Wiz
Master System and Game Gear emulator for Wiz.
If you leave a suggestion, if its not too much to ask, can you leave a link as well, to the official source, that is?

Oh, wait, thats what AlexKidd2x is? lol, my bad.

jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 02:19 PM said:
Actually, if a mod wants to change the title to something like "Your wiz and you", I can expand this thread and add all the homebrew games as well.
I'll categorize everything, so all anyone would need to do is ctrl+f instead of search google for hours. :D
If you're willing to put in the effort, you'd do better to put it in the Wiz wiki so that others can contribute to it. The problem with putting large lists like this in a forum is that only you (and mods) can edit them, so if you get tired of posting updates they become abandoned. Besides, the Wiz software library is going to get considerably larger than what can easily be contained in a forum post.

Chip posted on May 18 2009 at 09:26 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 02:19 PM said:
If you're willing to put in the effort, you'd do better to put it in the Wiz wiki so that others can contribute to it. The problem with putting large lists like this in a forum is that only you (and mods"] can edit them, so if you get tired of posting updates they become abandoned. Besides, the Wiz software library is going to get considerably larger than what can easily be contained in a forum post.[/quote]Taking your suggestions. Forgot there was a wiki, I'm going to put most of my organization efforts into the wiki from now on.

I've got BattleJewels (game) and OutcaST (Atari ST emu) ready, jsut no time to do a couple quick pollish and posts just yet. Probably Hatari as well, but.. this is a very bad month for me :)

jeff

So, if this information is in wiki already (is it?) maybe it is better to post a link to it in "Wiz Info Links" topic and delete this topic to keep the forum clear?

I am not above begging for someone to port an Atart 8-bit computer emulator.
Please! Please! Please!
Thanks!

Spectrum? Anybody? FUSE maybe? I've seen FUSE is available on GP2X.
So maybe if only recompilation is what it needs, I could try?
Any FAQ?

Back