Gpfce Problem

Turnip

In SMB3 when I get to giant land on the 1st level the ground isnt there and the background is bright green. All thats there is the giant pipes, the baddies and mario who immedietly fall off the screen. Im gutted as this is my favourite game and this seems to be by far the best emulator. I thaught it might be a problem with the rom so I got another one and its exatcly the same. What can I do? :unsure: :(

I just downloaded another 2 versions of the rom and its the same with both of them. Can someone else chack it on theirs? You can get to giant land in 2 mins if you use the wisle in level 3 of world one in world one and go to world 4. Im gonna play up to it with power wings so I can get through it and see if level 2 is the same.

omg! The ground on the begining of the pyrmid before the castle in world 2 is missing too!!!!
Edit to add: But you can use the power wings to get past it and the rest of the level is fine. I got the cloud from the castle so hopefully if theres no more missing grounds between here and world 4 i'll be able to get past the weird level with that.

Strange. Try enabling "Accurate renderer" and see if that helps. Might check this out when I'm done with all those PicoDrive quirks which just keep popping up.

Ive turned all the settings on and off and it dosent make any difference. If its the same for eveyone I cant beleve nobody has noticed until now. Could it be a glitch in the latest version only do you think?

While you're at it notaz, please fix Ike Ike Ice Hockey Bu (part of the Kunio series). It crashes after someone scores a goal :/

I just checked it out and got the same thing as turnip. Very strange. I could've sworn I played through SMB3 on gpfce before.

I just got past it using the cloud and the next level is fine. I faught a hammer brother after that and in that the background was messed up in the same way but the ground was there. I got another cloud upon defeating him so if theres another dodgy level I should be ok. This adds a whole new dimension to the game lol.

Back