GPEngine v0.4 problem ??

martyk

Still Fresh
Hi

Totally new to gp32...
just have a couple of queries...

A mate of mine has a gp32 running gpengine v0.4, and he plays gunhed (or blazing lazer) fine, and has managed to play a few levels withput any issues.

However, when I try and play it, there are graphic glitches here and there (like missing frames) - I guess I can alter the skip frame setting. But one thing that never fails to happen is that immediately after the mid level boss on level 1, everything becomes garbled.

It forst starts off with the ship becoming what can only be described as a graphic blob...then the whole background etc becomes junk.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?
Thks for any help.

Three things..

You have your GP32 overclocked at something like 155Mhz and it does not like it.

Your ROM is corrupt.

Your batteries are too low to cope with the CPU speed.

Try:

new batteries, set it to 133mhz and use your friends rom.

I have the exact same problem, with both the japanese and us versions of blazing lazers.

The crc of the roms check out just fine.

I run gpengine at 156mhz on numerous games and have encountered no problems. Blazing Lazers crashes after the midboss regardless of the speed for me.

Freshly charged batteries or not, Blazing Lazers gets messed up after the 1st level midboss.

I've found a lot of games are "screwy".. ie: Street Fighteer 2 CE *almost* works.. backgroudn art is cool, but the player art is whacked (*damn*!).

Bonk's Adventure doesn't work either.. main character looks nice, but the background art is busted.

(I didnt' check these particualr roms in another emu, though, mind you)

Anyone know if these games shoudl work? I'd love to play SF2.. the TG16 version was abotu as good as or better than the GBA one :)

jeff

Back