GPDoom wish

E

extremegamer

I was wishing that GPDoom had a better Gamma setting system, with my non-flu and on GP enchanced brightness there are still lots of parts in the game that are really dark, the original pc had a gamma adjustment and I wish GPDoom did as well.
:lol:

It is as high as it can go without you losing colours (it does not looks nice if you do, see GBA version), it is already at the top of the PC gammer range and has some palette hacking on top of that to increase it another couple of levels, but you can already see the colours 'whiting out' in some places.

It would be possible to write a more CPU intensive routine to make it work better (ie reduce the colour increases the closer to total white) Rob might have a go, i'm working on heretic at the moment.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Craig,

Just out of curiosity, how is the heretic port coming? Also, I'm looking to get a replacement screen for my GP32 and I was wondering if the replacement screens you sell come from Gamepark? I've heard they are slightly darker than the standard replacement screens. Is this correct?

dgnadt

Yeah they come from gamepark (only gamepark could charge that much for some coated plastic) they look the same to me, just remember to remove both layers of cover.

Heretic will be done when its done, i have to admit i'm working on it v e r y slowly but think before xmas.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Oct 7 2003 at 06:24 PM said:
Heretic will be done when its done, i have to admit i'm working on it v e r y slowly but think before xmas.
Sorry, wasn't asking for a release date or anything. I was just curious how it was going, has the port been much more difficult than Doom, what challenges (if any) have your come across with this port, etc... I understand that you are extreamly busy and that this is just a hobby project. I've had my fair share of coding experience back in the hey day of the Atari ST (worked with TSO software on the ForeSight BBS project) so I'm not trying to bug you about the project. I'm just curious how things have been working out on it for you, that's all.

dgnadt

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they come from gamepark (only gamepark could charge that much for some coated plastic) they look the same to me, just remember to remove both layers of cover.
Too bad they don't have screens that are a bit more scratch resistant. A glass screen would be ideal.

dgnadt posted on Oct 7 2003 at 08:51 PM said:
Too bad they don't have screens that are a bit more scratch resistant. A glass screen would be ideal.
evil dragon got a glass one cut i think.

Lots of people have glass screens. I had one about a month ago, but I used cheapy glass that cracked, so i've gone back to the good old Gamepark one.

with my non-flu and on GP enchanced brightness there are still lots of parts in the game that are really dark, the original pc had a gamma adjustment and I wish GPDoom did as well.
ok i have a money saving idea if any one can tell me the exact set up f the gp32 normal board i could try and fix up a guide to adding super bright leds.its up to you.

"with my non-flu and on GP enchanced brightness there are still lots of parts in the game that are really dark, the original pc had a gamma adjustment and I wish GPDoom did as well."

ok i have a money saving idea if any one can tell me the exact set up f the gp32 normal board i could try and fix up a guide to adding super bright leds.its up to you.

craigix posted on Oct 7 2003 at 05:40 PM said:
It is as high as it can go without you losing colours (it does not looks nice if you do, see GBA version), it is already at the top of the PC gammer range and has some palette hacking on top of that to increase it another couple of levels, but you can already see the colours 'whiting out' in some places.

It would be possible to write a more CPU intensive routine to make it work better (ie reduce the colour increases the closer to total white) Rob might have a go, i'm working on heretic at the moment.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
[It is as high as it can go without you losing colours (it does not looks nice if you do, see GBA version), it is already at the top of the PC gammer range and has some palette hacking on top of that to increase it another couple of levels, but you can already see the colours 'whiting out' in some places.]

I dont understand this as the gba version is much clearer than the gp version. Although nowhere nere as good. Could they cut any more out of some of the maps on the gba?

Back