???????????? GP32SPAIN ??????????????

tix

Still Fresh
What happened with the competition, where are the results, and more importantly where are the emulators ????????? :angry:

hey man you gotta look aorund the site a little before posting, we were talking about this earlier.

competition deadline was today, they are taking 15 days to review the entires and then I guess the word is that they'll release the emulators first among the members at the GP32 Spain meetup - and then after that, to the general community.

Rlyeh seems hard at work on his next f-series emulator (which was entered into the competition) and seems to imply that it will be released promptly (perhaps before the others from the competition?). Don't take that as fact though, it is just kind of a guesstimate.

It stinks to have to keep waiting, but it's been this long so a little longer doesn't sting too bad. Just be patient and enjoy the trillion other games/emulators on the system in the meantime, and soon enough.. we shall get the goods!

The longer you wait, the better the product will be.

Normally I would agree, but I have a terrible feeling we're going to be let down by some of the emulators....

Actually this whole thing has been pissing me off a bit, first the competition gets extended to September. Then they decide it's going to take them 15 days to decide. I mean, come on, we're not talking about hundreds of games that are going to be professionally reviewed!!! It would take them a day at the most to decide. And it's not as if there's been a huge entry of emulators at the last minute.. most of them have been included in the competition for months!!!!

Sometimes I really hate this almost "two tier" level in the GP32 community. And I don't think it's doind the GP32 any great service, either. I'm getting a bit annoyed reading about private betas taking MONTHS before a public release. When we're talking about non commercial products then public betas tend to be more productive as there is nothing to lose with a slightly buggy release. It just means there's more chance of bugs actually getting fixed quicker. A great example of this was Little John, there was no months of private beta testing and WIP reports. It just got released, did it's job, everyone helped with bug reports and they got fixed. I would say it's by far the best emulator for the GP32...

Too many emulators are treated like Duke Nukem Forever..... ;)

I totally agree with moora101, emus should be released when they're being worked on. Isn't that the whole point of an open source console ?
Watching an emulator devellop over the months is just part of the fun... Oh well, if you can't do it better yourself, there's no point in complaining either

Back