GP32

delphiaddict

Still Fresh
As someone who only this week discovered this little gem (and promptly ordered one from GBAX) I'm amazed at the work already undertaken by emulator developers without whom I would probably have not bought one. Emulation is my thing, I love the old systems as they hold lots of memories for me (as for others I'm sure) and I can't wait to get going with Frodo, hopefully sometime today. The whole concept of your favourite 8-bit system in a handheld has huge pulling power.

There must be loads of people out there who if they knew it existed would love to get one, and surely the more people that get into it, the more likely it is that more (and better) emulators will appear. I'm on holiday this week but I know for a fact that when I get back to work next Monday and I put my GP32 in front of one of my colleagues who was/is, like me, a massive c64 fan, he is just gonna flip! I'm almost certain he'll order one straight away.

The whole "scene" surrounding this machine reminds of those early computing days which sadly has been lost with the death of Atari, Commodore, Sinclair etc and the rise of the boring, predictable, beige box PC. It feels like being part of a community once more, and it feels great.

I for one will be encouraging as many like-minded emulation freaks as possible to support this great machine.

I think my Xbox is about to start gathering some dust for a while :D

Back