Gp32 Seuck

The Wub

no talent, silly haircut
Website
www.wublog.co.uk
Hi all, happy new year :)

Managed to work through the new year hangover and get some work done on the seuck. There are quite a few new sprite options for the player and it all seems to work. There's a simple demo file to demonstrate some of this but I haven't had time to put anything decent together. I need a few more options for the title screen and some sound and then it will be pretty cool..

EvilD has uploaded it to the file archive already! Thanks to him as always :)

more soon,
wub.

Hey Taras, I'll never join the dark side! :rolleyes:

My flatmate has a 2x so I've been able to have a nosey. I'm glad the (pre)release has been so successful and i look forward to getting one but for now the gp32 still does everything I want perfectly well.

Anyway, by the time I finish this seuck the gp3x will be out.. ;)

Nice to see you!
wub.

I've updated the seuck with some scrolling backgrounds. You can set up parallax layers too and it all seems to work quite smoothly, which I wasn't really expecting!

Load the demo background by going into the wave editor and loading wave 1 with a+b buttons, then view or play wave. No player or badguys set up here as the background was all I was working on. There are also some new title screen options.

You can get it on the gp32 page of my site.

wub.

Great work Wub, that you're still working away on this beasty ;)

I think that once it's finished, and the inevitable rush of GP2X users donate for you to get a GP2X, SEUCK is going to allow a lot more people to be a lot more creative with amateur gaming.

Well, shootemups, but who doesn't love a good shmup! :)

Parallax scrolling! Nice.

Thanks mate, I'm doing this primarily for selfish reasons but I hope someone else gets into it.

In the cold light of day the scrolling isn't as smooth as I thought in play mode, which would make sense if you saw the code... If I can get these 5 layers a touch smoother in play mode then I think I'll be happy with that for the time being.

*edit the negative*
I'm still hugely pleased with the demo, I never thought I would make it this far. All in all I think the app is getting pretty funky even if I do say so myself! :p

Evil Dragon has added version 9 to the archive. I actually tweaked a couple of things and added a few bits to the txt file so ignore the one on my site, it's old hat now. :)

more soon,
wub.

Woohooo, Windows Editor announced :)

Great! Creating with mouse and large display, playing on-the-go on one of the coolest handhelds available.

NICE :)

S.E.U.C.K. for Amiga was the first game I ever bought... I had to safe money for 4 months to be able to buy it :)

:D

Had a bad day? ;)

If you really do this, let me know what you need for the boss or anything else. I have a list of things suggested by Tobriand and gp2brew that I'm adding support
for and I'd be glad to try and do more.

@ED, lucky for you that this is freeware ;)

About the windows version; I've learnt c solely on the gp32 and it's limited the crap out of me in terms of porting stuff. As with the seuck itself, I'm doing the windows version to learn how to as much as for the end results. If someone really really wanted a windows version of some of the editor functions and could do it themselves if they saw my structures and what not, my email is the wub at gmail dot com. It will happen nonetheless but I want to complete the basic gp32 version first. :)
And really, the point of doing it for the gp32 was that it's a handheld console and I want to be able to design my games while I'm on the train or just away generally.

It will be as simple as clicking the compile option in the main menu.
All the gfx, palette and sfx are saved in one big chunk along with all the settings for the game (the .prj file) and this is put in the project folder.
All the gfx sub-folders then get deleted leaving just the WAVES sub-folder as it is.
When I get mods working for the bgm they will be kept here too unless I add them to the "chunk".

You then take my playgame.fxe file and rename it to match the project folder.
I'm hoping I can just read the name of the fxe from memory after it has loaded so the app knows without being told where to look but if I can't do this, you will have to put the config.wub file in gpmm/ alongside the renamed .fxe

I hope this helps :)
wub.

Back