GP32 Gp32 Problem

ArchDemon

Still Fresh
Yeah, i'm sure this happens all the time. I installed the link cable program, and then ran gpreg.exe. It poped up with a blank error message, and brought me to the one screen where you type user and password then click "Register". It then said to connect the cable and click "ok". It then said "Cannot open USB port".

I then tried gpreg_eng.exe (from another site). It did not give any error message, however, it did do the same thing, "Cannot open USB port."

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition, and I have tried connecting the USB on every port on the computer.

Is there any advice to give?

Edit - Fixed by manually installing driver through Windows, please delete this post :D

use the official windows driver. when it says "unknown device in USB" click on that. in the beginning of the USB wizard hit manually install and find the driver

hope that helps

I found out that if you get problems like that, just unplug the usb and shut off your GP32 turn it back on and then plug the usb back in.

Sometimes it has trouble recognising it, especially with the official file transfer program

Back