Need Help Compiling Payren's Sdl Libs Under Msys/mingw

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Pff i downloaded payeren's latest precompiled libs and replaced them with the ones i had, now whenever i compile something using those libs i get an error on SDL_Init with an error message saying "unable to open mouse". Anyway i thought by myself hell yeah i'll fix this by downloading the sources from the open2x svn, so i did that no problems so far. then i ran msys and went to the directory containing the sources and typed "
./configure --prefix=/mingw --host=arm-linux --disable-shared" that went ok but as soon as i type make i get the following error :
$ make
cd . && aclocal-1.10
aclocal-1.10 wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
dep niet verwacht op dit moment.
c:\devkitgp2x\bin\make.exe: *** [Makefile.in] Error 255

it means it can't finc aclocal-1.10 at least i think so and since i'm (still) using devkitgp2x under windows i think autoconf/automake wasn't included so i tried to download those precompiled libaries for mingw and place them in corresponding dirs and then tried again still no go same error . then i saw it wanted aclcoal-1.10 and not aclocal-1.9 so i did a ln -s aclocal aclocal-1.10. and tried to run make a again but then i've gotten following error :
$ make
cd . && aclocal-1.10
/bin/sh: /mingw/bin/aclocal-1.10: No such file or directory
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127

and then i've given up and went to here, so how do u get these libs to compile under mingw / msys on windows ? cause the latest binaries give some weird mouse errors with me and i want to know this, please tell me what i did wrong thanks. I actually don't know much about msys & stuff but i did figure out u should normally run ./configure then make then make install and that's all i basicly know

joyrider said:
Pff i downloaded payeren's latest precompiled libs and replaced them with the ones i had, now whenever i compile something using those libs i get an error on SDL_Init with an error message saying "unable to open mouse". Anyway i thought by myself hell yeah i'll fix this by downloading the sources from the open2x svn, so i did that no problems so far. then i ran msys and went to the directory containing the sources and typed "
./configure --prefix=/mingw --host=arm-linux --disable-shared" that went ok but as soon as i type make i get the following error :
$ make
cd . && aclocal-1.10
aclocal-1.10 wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.
dep niet verwacht op dit moment.
c:\devkitgp2x\bin\make.exe: *** [Makefile.in] Error 255

it means it can't finc aclocal-1.10 at least i think so and since i'm (still) using devkitgp2x under windows i think autoconf/automake wasn't included so i tried to download those precompiled libaries for mingw and place them in corresponding dirs and then tried again still no go same error . then i saw it wanted aclcoal-1.10 and not aclocal-1.9 so i did a ln -s aclocal aclocal-1.10. and tried to run make a again but then i've gotten following error :
$ make
cd . && aclocal-1.10
/bin/sh: /mingw/bin/aclocal-1.10: No such file or directory
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127

and then i've given up and went to here, so how do u get these libs to compile under mingw / msys on windows ? cause the latest binaries give some weird mouse errors with me and i want to know this, please tell me what i did wrong thanks. I actually don't know much about msys & stuff but i did figure out u should normally run ./configure then make then make install and that's all i basicly know

The automake tools need to be 1.9 or lower, the files that SDL uses aren't compatible with 1.10. I think this crept in when I used 1.10 for something else and for some reason re-ran autoconf - although I thought it had been set back.

As for the mouse errors - they are debugging warnings that shouldn't be in the pre-built libraries, there were a few places where the fprintf lines were still being output but I thought I'd got them all in the latest version. Don't worry about it, it was just so I could see if it was detecting a mouse or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back