Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

WOW!
Words can´t describe what I am feeling XD
Thanks to everyone involved in PACC =)

For the people who doesnt have a Dingoo
and want to play So Lets Roll a Smile, I included a Win32 binary in the zip file. =)

I m working in a new version now, it may be ready in a month.
I will probably compile a version for Wiz, even not having one =P, so more people can play =)

thanks for the final results and all the efforts of all participants! gotta checkout the wiz games (only have a wiz;))

Guys. Apologies for not posting my results in time. I've had so much uni work recently, I've got 3 more due this thursday so it's been very hard to get all the entries played in time and judged. I did get them all judged but two, undead delivery and imerion, so if anyone is interested, I can post my comments and scores. My favourite game though was Cat Trap, which as a fan of the original was absolutely sublime. The option to play using the original graphics was awesome as well.

Yay! Someone liked my game, Cat Trap. Bugger, with your scores I might have gone up a little in the rankings :(

Never mind :)

Did any of the judges actually release their comments? I only saw the total scores - did I miss them? Nova, I'd love to see your comments :)

forces/before said:
Rodrigo Cardoso said:

For the people who doesnt have a Dingoo
and want to play So Lets Roll a Smile, I included a Win32 binary in the zip file. =)

Nothing for Linux users? :eek:

Sorry for now... But I did not have time to test it in linux, my main OS is Windows...
I was a fool for not compiling a version for linux, Even with ubuntu in my VBox =P

Right now I´m making changes in the game. The new version will certainly come with a linux x86 binary :)

Last edited by a moderator:
iprice, I loved Cat Trap too. Definitely one of the standout entries for me, big grins while playing. Now that the results are out I'll put together some feedback for all the games I played (GP2X, Dingoo) when I get a chance. Congrats to all anyway. :)

Rodrigo, do you have plans for music in the game? There's something really happy/cheesy I have in mind that I think would suit it nicely (sampled, not original). If you'd like help I'll elaborate via PM. If you've got it covered, disregard. :)

Gruso said:
Rodrigo, do you have plans for music in the game? There's something really happy/cheesy I have in mind that I think would suit it nicely (sampled, not original). If you'd like help I'll elaborate via PM. If you've got it covered, disregard. :)

I´m planning to include some royality free music...
But, i sent a PM =)

thanks to eeryone that ranked nupdf so highly, wasn't expecting to get aywhere above last really :D

and a big thanks to iorgy for taking the time to organise things

oh and shameless self-pluggage here:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Nupdf

:D

Are the rest of the entries going to be put up on the Wiz archive? (and the others on the GP32/GP2X/Dingoo archives?)

Dishes War.
CoolDown. Thanks for adding/updating. :)
Cat Trap. (Dicey could be updated at the same time!) Thanks for adding/updating. :)
Journey To The Center Of The Earth. (An icon would be nice!) Thanks for adding/updating. :)
Snails.
Adament Armor Affection II. (An icon would be nice!)
Warehouse Panic. Thanks for adding/updating. :)
Undead Delivery Service. (The .xtz will need renaming and the .gpe will need editing first, also an icon would be nice!) Looking forward to seeing the updated version on the archive. :)

Cheers, Neil :)

Ah yeah, please don't upload Tower of Gowno to the file archive.
We will do it ourselves once we finish the post-compo version :)

Same for undead delivery service. I'll add it when I get a chance to do updates.

Uploaded/updated Cat Trap and Dicey to GP2X and Wiz archives -

Cat Trap (Wiz and GP2X) - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,388

Dicey (wiz and GP2X) - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,2840

Just a simple question for Quasist - Are you going to make a full game using your awesome Adament Armor Affection engine? Please! I would love to see a fully playable game with that simply looking engine!

iprice said:
Uploaded/updated Cat Trap and Dicey to GP2X and Wiz archives -

Cat Trap (Wiz and GP2X) - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,388

Dicey (wiz and GP2X) - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,2840

Thanks for adding/updating these on the archive. :)
Are you going to update Dicey here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,194 ?
Cheers, Neil

Edit: I've just noticed a small bug on Cat Trap, when you exit the game the high scores aren't saved. Apart from that it's an excellent little game. :)

Edit: I've just noticed a small bug on Cat Trap, when you exit the game the high scores aren't saved. Apart from that it's an excellent little game. :)

Cheers :)

It's not exactly a bug - I had to remove it (high score saving) just before the end of the comp (about 15 mins before submission) - it was working fine, but something happened and it caused the game to crash and then would never start again. I just didn't have time to search for what was causing the crash (it was corrupting the save game data, which couldn't then be read, causing the non running), so I just removed the high-score saving and all was well (minus saving high scores). I just ran out of time to identify and fix the problem - it was nigh on impossible to actually delete the corrupted data too!

I will re-implement it again soon, but I've been so busy with something else which you might enjoy. I'll keep you posted Neil. PM me if you want more info...

As for the Dicey update for Wiz - that's uploaded too (also included in the GP2X version), but any updartes need to be authorized by ED, whereas new entries are automatically accepted. This is odd, but that's how it is.

A Little bump for a little related question =P

Are someone planning some kind of competition like this one (multi-device) soon?

=)

Not that i know of. I don't think i would attend again even if there was. I think the Wiz games were rated much lower then for the other consoles in this competition. It is probably difficult to get a fair judgment when no one (or very few?) has all the consoles.

There is the spanish competition coming up though.

/Uni

Back