GP32 = GBA?

cysco

Still Fresh
OK, I've been looking around for the definative answer on this. Some reviews/articles state the GP32 can emulate GBA games. Is this true? Or, has a GBA emulator yet to be written. This would be the primary selling point for me to get one of these. Thanks for the info.

-=cysco

Some developer has got a GBA EMU working but its quite slow... i've not heard or seen anything for a while so im unsure if it was true or not BUT theres lots of other EMUs been developed which gives the GP32 a HUGE amount of games available to play.

Roll on the day I can play Dungeon Master on my GP32!

The GBA emulator has not been released yet but who cares. The snes has far better games and is actually more playable than i thought it would be. I got my gp32 in the mail yesterday and can't put it down.

The SNES emulator, hardcoded (not snes9x) is quite fast and smooth. There's no reason to think that the GP32 wouldn't be able to emulate GBA too, as the speed will be similar. All it takes is for either a source port from another GBA emulator, or an entirely new emulator effort. The latter would be much faster.

Anyways since projects are underway, it should be a matter of weeks before we see some progress in the form of screenshots or whatever.

- Rico

Back