GP32 coming soon

Titcher

I am getting a GP32 at the end of this year and was wondering about a few things, does the GP32 lucasart engine work at all? I would love it if it did, monkey island is so great and my next question is, is the backlight effective? does it let you see the screen? I remember having a GBA and i had to hold it near a lamp to see it and finally does it play DivX films well, like if i was to put a film to the same resolution to the GP32 screen, would the sound and everything work perfectly?

does the GP32 lucasart engine work at all? I would love it if it did, monkey island is so great

Yes, but unfortunately I hear it does not work well with Monkey Island. Day of the Tentacle is spot-on at least.

is the backlight effective? does it let you see the screen?

The backlight is powerful enough to be used as a flashlight in a pinch. Seriously.

does it play DivX films well, like if i was to put a film to the same resolution to the GP32 screen, would the sound and everything work perfectly?

All depends on how you encode it. Compressing the video down to 320x240 will considerably decrease the size of the file. Everything else is up to you. Lowering the frame-rate on live-action films will usually decrease the quality much more then cartoons/anime. Audio sounds fine with headphones at 22 or even 11 kHz.

I've been playing Fate of atlantis (scummvm) and it works really well, only probs are; pointer sometimes isn't that responsive & sound is really crackly.

This hasn't spoiled the experience though, and the balloon section works fine too.

(I'm stuck at the dig site in crete atm, it's doing my head in!)

As far as I know monkey island runs fine the problem is saving the games has a bug so you can't do it till the next release - can't wait for this cos monkey island is the only lucasarts game I haven't played through.....

Thank you for your advice, about the hex editing, do you have to do it through the GP32 or could it be hexed through a computer and then transfered?

Thank you for your advice, about the hex editing, do you have to do it through the GP32 or could it be hexed through a computer and then transfered?
You can edit it on your computer before transferring it to the GP32. Most emulators that would benefit from overclocking have versions already patched available on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back