GP32 Gp32 Coding Comp

Gamers Galaxy

Still Fresh
Website
www.gamersgalaxy.net
Ok 45 day coding comp. Whether you want to enter is up to you. Only a few sites bothered to post the news (guess everyone else thinks its competition or doesn't bother to support the homebrew scene) so your chances are good. I've asked for some more prizes which may actually appeal to GP32 coders but we'll see if they reply. Sorry I can't offer any myself, I guess you can just sell the stuff if you don't want it.

http://www.gamersgalaxy.net

I look forward to your entries :)

Yep that is correct. Until I get someone sponsoring I'm afraid I can't do much. The prizes are all from my pocket. However if GP2X.co.uk replies to my email and want to be a part of it they may add in a GP2X system. I hope so but it's up to them.

If judging is to be done by voting on the forum and you have no GP32 section - and presumably few GP32 owners - your members will be unable to judge our entries. Owners of a particular handheld - apart from being unable to assess entries for other platforms - will be biased to their own device.

I fully applaud your decision to hold this compo - and I hope you can whip up some commercial backing for the prizes and get a GP2X as a prize. I just think you should try and get a cross section of 'leading lights' from the communities to do the judging or some other way less prone to bias.

Thank you for holding this compo. I am surprised GPH, themselves, did not come up with a compo for the release of the 'two eggs'. Hopefully they will support you.

(will fenix entries be admissible ?)

Odd how they say that the GP2X isn't available yet so no entries for it will be allowed in the compo - it will be at least 30 days before the compo closes if I remember correctly, and a lot of people are coding for it even without having a system to test it on right now.

Well if we added GP2X and hardly any people have them no one could vote then could they? And the GP2X compo was meant to come later ;) Okay I'll revise the voting then. Maybe members pick the top 10? and then staff pick from that. Apologies it is the first comp.

if you have any more queries, complaints suggestions just post in the comp thread on the site.

Gamers Galaxy posted on Oct 26 2005 at 12:28 AM said:
Well if we added GP2X and hardly any people have them no one could vote then could they? And the GP2X compo was meant to come later ;) Okay I'll revise the voting then. Maybe members pick the top 10? and then staff pick from that. Apologies it is the first comp.

if you have any more queries, complaints suggestions just post in the comp thread on the site.
as said in your previous thread, whichever way you turn it, you'll end up disadantaging some community.
either the number of votes counts, makin it hard for the gp32 coders to get anywhere near a high place, either you take the average, which either advantages closer communities like the gp32 or make people give low scores to projects on other handhelds just to give a chance to their favourites.

perhaps a way is to take the best 3 entries of every system, and then let a jury decide on it, if only the best 3 win a price, that way noone can loose because of the system they coded it on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back