GP32 Gp32 Code Repository

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

After seeing bits of code slathered up in the forums all over the place, and people complaining that people don't visit their website to see their code etc (Aquafish :) ), I decided to create a little GP32 code repository that anybody can add code to:

CODE SNIPPETS
http://www.pea.co.nz/gp32/

So far there is only one snippet - Aquafishs BMP saving code from a post a day or so ago. I am hoping that this repository can become sort of like the code version of GP32x.de (which is for compiled software). It can only become like this if people are willing to upload bits of code to it, so please - if you have some little bits of code, please upload it :)

My suggestion for how it should work is:
When someone on the forum asks for some code, instead of pasting it on the forum (or as well as), go to the site, add the code snippet, and then paste the link that it generates for you in the forum. That way the code is all in one place, in a database, searchable etc!

Its in progress, so features will be added to the site as I have time. At the moment, I need some help:
1) I need a list of SDKs. So far I have 'Official SDK' and 'Mr Mirkos SDK'
2) I need a list of compilers for GP32. So far I have 'DevKitARM' and 'DevKitADV'. What else is there? (e.g. Fenix)
3) I need a list of languages for GP32. So far I have c, c++, asm, fenix
4) I need some category suggestions. ALthough you can add these on the fly, I would like to have some to start with. So far I have very few.

Anyway, check it out :p

I added code to load a MOD from the SMC. :) (I didn't write the code, and I don't know who did, it was one of those things where I just copy pasted it into my own notes files, so I just put 'unknown author'.)

This is very handy, I love this. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention, the first time I tried to add that snippet, the page vomitted a mysql query at the top of the page, and it didn't get through (though it said success. :p), so I retried and repasted the code and reselected everything and the second time, it worked. I don't know what happened there. o_O

Edit2: Don't know if you're aware, but your main page's spec list doesn't say anything about the L and R shoulder buttons.

Thanks Draq. I'll add the shoulder buttons. I also need to update the 'where to buy' and other info too....

That query was me quickly fixing a bug that I noticed while putting in a few other code snippets I found :p. I hoped I fixed it before anyone tried to post a snippet, but obviously not. It had a problem with single quotes in the code.

She's all good now though.

VERY nice site man!!

Great job with the code snippets, I'm sure to be gleaning some info from there soon.

Hi Blah,

Direct quote from top of page, in plain view:
To see ALL snippets, enter no information below, and press search.
:)

But I will add a 'show all' button too.

EDIT:
Added 'show all' button
Modified to show all snippets if you select the 'All' category.

Hi Nigel, thanks for that! Who was the developer, and was it written for devkitARM, or another specific compiler?

EDIT:
Each snippet (when you view or create it) now has a 'forum link' generated for it, which looks something like this:
[ url=http://www.pea.co.nz/gp32/snippet_view.php?snippet_id=6]snippet:Nigel Brown - Draw a circle[/ url]
And generates a link like this:
snippet:Nigel Brown - Draw a circle

Good idea ( as it can be hard to find GP32 code samples !)

I vote for the pinning :)

Back