Gp32 Blu+ Help.

Apple

Still Fresh
Website
elppa.mine.nu
I just got my new GP32 BLU, and I've noticed that it doesnt play anything but the BLU+ patched programs. So I assumed that mine was such a gp32. So I started to look around, and I cant understand anything at all. Like why cant I use some programs, and what can I use. I think I remember something that said I cant flash my rom or whatever. If someone would post back, and help me understand. I know it seems very stupid. I know I can find information on other places around the forums, but I dont get it all. Thanks a lot for your time and help.

The recent GP32 BLUs dubbed "BLU+" use a new type of lcd made by a different company. As far as I know any program not using the official Game Park SDK for displaying on the lcd suffer from serious graphical glitches making them unusable. Older programs are being updated to accomodate this but some most likely will never be due to the loss of source code and other such problems. Most new releases should be compatible with your BLU+ and hopefully all will eventually. THe only way to find out if something works is to try it out or check the forum.

More Info

Compatibility Thread

Anyone with more knowledge on the subject feel free to correct all the mistakes I have undoubtably made.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent GP32 BLUs dubbed "BLU+" use a new type of lcd made by a different company. As far as I know any program not using the official Game Park SDK for displaying on the lcd suffer from serious graphical glitches making them unusable. Older programs are being updated to accomodate this but some most likely will never be due to the loss of source code and other such problems. Most new releases should be compatible with your BLU+ and hopefully all will eventually. THe only way to find out if something works is to try it out or check the forum.

More Info

Compatibility Thread

Anyone with more knowledge on the subject feel free to correct all the mistakes I have undoubtably made.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Also check out this FAQ.

Most games and apps run on the BLU+ as well as on all other GP32s.
Only some suffer that problem, but most important stuff has already been fixed.

If you get the thick white bar across your screen, see if a BLU+ version exists.

Only Flashing your Firmware is not possible yet, as ALL custom firmwares currently suffer from the white bar bug.
(there is a thread on how to create your own custom firmware for the BLU+ which is actually working, but not really recommended for a newbie! Please wait for better fixes!!!)

Last edited:
Back