Blu Screen

brandnew

Still Fresh
Does anyone else has this problem with his/her Blu?
I can only use my Blu in dark places, outside it just doesn't work, my Blu then turns into a mirror, should a glass screen be a solution?
I love the gp32 but the fact I can't use it anywhere else than at home really sucks :(

please reply, thanks!

Yeah, not being able to use it in the sunlight sucks, but its normal. And its better than not being able to use it in the dark.

Blah posted on Mar 12 2005 at 10:46 PM said:
Yeah, not being able to use it in the sunlight sucks, but its normal. And its better than not being able to use it in the dark.

unless you live in the tundra - a FLU is always the best!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 13 2005 at 12:37 AM said:
Blah posted on Mar 12 2005 at 10:46 PM said:

unless you live in the tundra - a FLU is always the best!

The FLU is not always the best. It is better if you play in bright areas, but in that case a NLU is just as good. In darker areas the BLU blows away the FLU in contrast, color saturation, and evenness of lighting.

brandnew posted on Mar 12 2005 at 10:19 PM said:
I can only use my Blu in dark places, outside it just doesn't work, my Blu then turns into a mirror, should a glass screen be a solution?
I love the gp32 but the fact I can't use it anywhere else than at home really sucks :(

please reply, thanks!

The BLU is backlit only meaning it is not to useable outside in bright sun. If you want that pick up a used NLU, they should be real cheap now. Then you would have the BLU which is the best inside, and a NLU which is best outside.

DaveC posted on Mar 13 2005 at 04:42 AM said:
brandnew posted on Mar 12 2005 at 10:19 PM said:
I love the gp32 but the fact I can't use it anywhere else than at home really sucks  :(

please reply, thanks!

The BLU is backlit only meaning it is not to useable outside in bright sun. If you want that pick up a used NLU, they should be real cheap now. Then you would have the BLU which is the best inside, and a NLU which is best outside.

The FLU doesnt have so much of a problem with variable clock speeds - lots of BLU units dont go past 133mhz unless you pay close to £200 for a checked unit...

BLU+ has dodgy LCD problems - finding the right unit is a nightmare!

With a FLU you have one unit with a switch - its basically an NLU with a very good lighting system, comparable to the GBA (even though the gba is backlit)

NO sane person would buy a BLU+

and...

BLU with samsung LCD goes on ebay for £100 - £120 -

FLU goes for £70

Unless your going to sit at home all day - the FLU is best easily...

The FLU washes the colours out of the screen, is prone to dust under the screen and is uneven in terms of lighting. And the GBA is front lit.

The BLU is the only way to go, it offers a far superior screen, enabling you to get the best experience out of the gp32.

finty101 posted on Mar 13 2005 at 10:08 AM said:
The FLU washes the colours out of the screen, is prone to dust under the screen and is uneven in terms of lighting. And the GBA is front lit.

The BLU is the only way to go, it offers a far superior screen, enabling you to get the best experience out of the gp32.

only if you play in the dark :D

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 13 2005 at 12:24 PM said:

It doesn't have to be in the dark. You can have normal room lighting and it is fine. You just can't play the BLU outside. I had a FLU and it was way too washed out with poor colors and contrast. Now I have a BLU and NLU. If I want to play outside I use the NLU, inside it is the BLU. The best of both worlds.

If you ever see a BLU and FLu in real life side by side you would never want to go back to a frontlit system again.

DaveC posted on Mar 13 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 13 2005 at 12:24 PM said:

It doesn't have to be in the dark. You can have normal room lighting and it is fine. You just can't play the BLU outside. I had a FLU and it was way too washed out with poor colors and contrast. Now I have a BLU and NLU. If I want to play outside I use the NLU, inside it is the BLU. The best of both worlds.

If you ever see a BLU and FLu in real life side by side you would never want to go back to a frontlit system again.

yes... agreed im not saying that the back lit version is not better than the FLU - otherwise why would Game Park have bothered doing them!!! :D

but buying one is another matter - if you were lucky enough to get a samsug version thats clocks high when they came out your fine!

but nowadays the variability of clock speeds in s/h units and the BLU+ issue in new units makes it a dodgy purchase IMO

the FLU removes those worries with an improvement to the screen - so my money would always be on a FLU

its a difference of opinion - but I had the £$ to buy both and went for the FLU unit

I can play anywhere and it clocks to 166 no worries!

Back