Gp32 Battery Power

Gorillazero

Sup? Do the UK batteries over at 7dayshop will they work for US batteries, there's a complete setup with car and power adapter, but the power adapter is UK. Radio Shack cares those right?

*Rechargeables can be recharged in any recharger right???*

-Matt

There are two types of rechargeable batteries, NiCd and NiMH. NiMH are the (much) better ones. The two types need different kinds of chargers, NiMH are harder to find. The cheap ones you see in bargain stores are NiCd.

Oh, and UK/US batteries are exactly the same, my GP32 worked off US batteries from Radio Shack when I was over in Boston, and it works off batteries from here in the UK :)

The power adapter being UK would be an issue since there are different AC voltages in Europe vs USA, but the batteries work anywhere. Think about it: If the Gamepark needed different batteries for USA vs Europe, then how can we USA people be easily using an imported product?

General, i wasn't asking that... But whatever. The mean question was whether the chargers can be used for any rechargeable batteries.

-Matt (thx)

no, you need a Ni-Cad charger for Ni-Cad, and a Ni-Mh for the other. My charger has a switch, for one or the other, if you are in the UK, I picked it up out of Argos, for a reasonable price with 4x AA Ni-Mh batteries. Ni-Mh are great, they power my GBA, Digital Camera and CD player, and add at least a few more hours onto the expected lasting time of the GBA and CD player.

I recently got Uniross' 2100 mAh Ni-MH charger and they last an amazingly long time even playing doom 2 at 156mhz and they recharge in 2 hours. the charger can also be used for older Ni-Cd uniross (maybe others aswell) batteries.

I got it from argos.co.uk even though the ad shows the 2000mAh set.

Back