Gp32 2 Is Fake

Listen to Argon0 and Lethe. The last post on Gpzigi was Dec 2003, and byolbagy wasn't talking about GP32 2. How could he, since at the time it didn't
exist. Also, either way it doesn't matter, because its either a Gamepark concept render, or a fan render, and neither way do they really mean anything.

argon0 posted on Feb 9 2005 at 02:09 AM said:
<erm> How could you tell - the last post I can see there is Dec 2003...

However I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Lethe posted on Feb 9 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
what the hell are you talking about?! he's not even talking about a new gp32! he's apologizing for something he wrote on the forums, not making a synthesized picture of a new gp32! Gah! If you don't know what you're talking about, Shut up! :angry: Man, i'm pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Feb 10 2005 at 07:03 AM said:
Listen to Argon0 and Lethe. The last post on Gpzigi was Dec 2003, and byolbagy wasn't talking about GP32 2. How could he, since at the time it didn't
exist. Also, either way it doesn't matter, because its either a Gamepark concept render, or a fan render, and neither way do they really mean anything.

argon0 posted on Feb 9 2005 at 02:09 AM said:
<erm> How could you tell - the last post I can see there is Dec 2003...

However I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Lethe posted on Feb 9 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
what the hell are you talking about?! he's not even talking about a new gp32! he's apologizing for something he wrote on the forums, not making a synthesized picture of a new gp32! Gah! If you don't know what you're talking about, Shut up! :angry: Man, i'm pissed.

and your point is?

Blah posted on Feb 10 2005 at 06:03 AM said:
Also, either way it doesn't matter, because its either a Gamepark concept render, or a fan render, and neither way do they really mean anything.

If it's a Gamepark render it means they're actively researching the possibility of a GP32 successor, which does mean something. If Sony released a render of the PS3 I think everyone would be talking about it...although we can only speculate until we hear something official from Gamepark themselves.

you can't compare Sony to Gamepark. If Sony were to release a render of a PS3 it could easily be believed that a new PS is going to be released because of the last 2 launches and the psp launch, Sony has 3 systems under their belt now, Gamepark has 1. Plus Sony makes millions upon millions of dollars a year in profit and can afford to research, render, release anything they want. I'm suprised Gamepark is still in business because the numbers don't make sense on how they could have survived for 4 years based on GP32 sales alone, it's not possible.

To bad Gamepark is Korean and they don't have the same laws and stuff as over here, I'd really be interested to see their numbers to prove myself wrong.

KickinWing posted on Feb 10 2005 at 01:08 PM said:
you can't compare Sony to Gamepark.

Dude, I was just illustrating that we've good cause to be talking about a render of a new GP handheld, I never compared Gamepark to Sony :blink:

I said a genuine render could prove they're actively researching the possibility of a GP32 successor. Which, considering we're on a GP32 dedicated forum, should quite rightly be a talking point.

but we don't have good cause to be talking about a render. C'mon, it doesn't take a major business degree to know that Gamepark couldn't possibly have made enough money on the GP32 itself to support more product design, research, marketing, and actual production. Shit, they can't even afford to market their games correctly or for that fact, market anything correctly, they couldn't afford to get 3rd party support for their system, nothing, i'm extremely suprised that the BLU were even released.

EDIT: once again, i've tried looking for more information about Gamepark the company itself, i would like to know exactly how big they are but information on the net is scarce about Gamepark as a company. I desperatley want to prove myself wrong, but working in business and money myself, i just can't believe in my own mind that they have enough money to release a new system...ever.

KickinWing posted on Feb 10 2005 at 02:49 PM said:
but we don't have good cause to be talking about a render. C'mon, it doesn't take a major business degree to know that Gamepark couldn't possibly have made enough money on the GP32 itself to support more product design, research, marketing, and actual production.

Sorry, but what does Gamepark's financial stability have to do with this topic? Just because Gamepark might not have the financial backing to undertake such a project doesn't mean we can't talk about it. Heck, I don't think anybody here believes Gamepark are actually ever going to release this thing but it's still fun to consider 'what if?'. Which was probably the motivation behind this render if it's a fake...

you're right we can talk about it, but it's been talked about to death so much that now it's just being joked about.

KickinWing posted on Feb 10 2005 at 06:37 PM said:
you're right we can talk about it, but it's been talked about to death so much that now it's just being joked about.
I think you are being a little stressy about overtalked about subjects. you have only been here since January.

lol, its funny what people post when they have no idea whats going on.

I've had my GP32 since August of 2003 and have been reading this board since before then. Just because I signed up and started posting in January doesn't mean I've never read any other post in the last year and a half.

Just for your information:

I don't know if the picture is fake or not.

But I DO KNOW that GamePark is working on a successor.
When it will be released (or even IF) is not known yet, but they work on it.

And if you look at their recently (well, sometimes last year) new webpage, you can see they actually now have someone who does marketing (and he speaks English better than the rest ;))

They even sell the commercial games themselves now, they never cared about something like that before.

So chances are good, that the successor will be released - but don't expect something before the end of this year (my opinion, nothing official).

Well, Gamepark had the dough to release GP32.. where did the funds come from ?? GP16 ???? i personally don't think that they rely on income... the gaming industry is an investment.. maybe they will invest again, considering the success of their first investment ??? ... just my opinion, nothing official ;)

I read somewhere that they get monies from the government, for the covert work they do making military hardware.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 11 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
I read somewhere that they get monies from the government, for the covert work they do making military hardware.
You are correct.

/and I said that already :ph34r:

Esn posted on Feb 10 2005 at 09:42 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 11 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
You are correct.

/and I said that already :ph34r:

So THAT's where I read it!

Topcat posted on Feb 10 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
Well, Gamepark had the dough to release GP32.. where did the funds come from ?? GP16 ???? i personally don't think that they rely on income... the gaming industry is an investment.. maybe they will invest again, considering the success of their first investment ??? ... just my opinion, nothing official ;)

I wouldn't call the GP32 a success if you compare it to the rest of the gaming industry, the Game.com sold more units and commercial games than the GP32, was that a success?

KickinWing posted on Feb 11 2005 at 09:35 AM said:
I wouldn't call the GP32 a success if you compare it to the rest of the gaming industry, the Game.com sold more units and commercial games than the GP32, was that a success?

Yes

It's all comparative - just because something isn't a GBA or PSP-sized success doesn't mean it's a faliure. It all depends how ambitious you are. Anyway, I'm happy to let Gamepark worry about their finances while I enjoy their fantastic hardware :)

Financially speaking, I think most people already know that the Gp32 isn't GamePark's only product. They've shown the financial ability in the past and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to develop and release a new console. Plus, as GamePark itself has said on the English support forums on their website, the Gp32's successor is being developed in secrecy. That kind of implies that something is being developed...

Back