GP32 - 1 Day In, Still Sitting There!

I think so, I put the TOS.IMG file in the ATARIST folder and 'nominated' it as the ROM in CaSTaway. I think it has worked, if the ROM was wrong or missing, wouldn't I get a warning rather than a wierd crash? The page is white with black text, and full of code which you can scroll up and down. It's happened with every game I've tried so far...

®

After switching firmwares (multifw2 for aquafish) my USB for GP32 stopped working. (something like "unknown error" kept coming up when connecting to GP32)In the end I got a smartmedia reader/writer for a tenner. It writes at 12MB / sec! (I really didnt want to go about reinstalling windows for some annoying driver to work).

Seriously though the hassle involved with the USB cable is not worth it. And if you're like me, you chop and change a lot, so its defintely worth getting one.

sorry to add a late note but Virtual PC on a Mac can only use the USB in a limited fashion. I have a cheap external reader which is handy. I also bought a second SMC to store extra stuff on, one SMC for Video, One for games. I am told the the MacLink from Mr Spiv will work on MacOSX 10.3.2 without flashing you unit. Originally I used MacLink on 10.1.5 without a problem.

Some emulators need ROM files, so the emus don't just work out of the box.

regards
dad

Back