Gp2xhandy

ingrin posted on Feb 1 2006 at 05:10 AM said:
Just a note set to hardware scale v2  (3) I think it is.  That increases speed alot.
Wow, looks great (alot of neat video options) plays great, and FAST, too fast sometimes, but great. Button config was nice, was able to get alot farther on Rygar now that my weapon and jump buttons aren't so far from each other. This is just great all around.

My only (very minor) complaint is the menu, its hard for me to see which selection I've highlighted without tilting the screen a bit, anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when on the ".. " part it is a bit hard. The good news is that once everything is set you don't need the menu much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tested this and it's pretty sweet. I never had a real Lynx so I can't compare it to that, but the FPS counter reads 74.something when I played Checkered Flag so I'm assuming that's pretty good.

The menu does need a very minor bit of work, though. It really is a little difficult to see what menu item is selected, but if that's the only complaint I can come up with then this is a very good emu indeed. :)

I just installed it last night... there was a bit of a problem with the download. I got the one in the archive and I couldnt get it to work... when I checked it only contains the executable.. anyway.. I went to your website and got it from there and Wow !... this is great. I managed to get hold of most of the games I have and they all play well. I no longer have to dig out the old Lynx from the attic when I want a quick game of Rygar or Chips Challenge or Slime World etc.
One slight thing.. Im not sure if its right or not but I seem to recall the Gates of Zendocon at the start of the game just before the brain drops its eggs there is supposed to be some sort of evil laugh which the emu doesnt do.
Is it a known issue ?... or have I imagined the evil laugh ?
Maybe I should dig out the lynx one more time to check this.

Anyway.. great work.. I agree the menu is a bit hard to see what line is highlighted but until I get some proper game time in I have no other problems to report.

quietbloke posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:25 AM said:
I just installed it last night... there was a bit of a problem with the download. I got the one in the archive and I couldnt get it to work... when I checked it only contains the executable.. anyway.. I went to your website and got it from there and Wow !... this is great. I managed to get hold of most of the games I have and they all play well. I no longer have to dig out the old Lynx from the attic when I want a quick game of Rygar or Chips Challenge or Slime World etc.
One slight thing.. Im not sure if its right or not but I seem to recall the Gates of Zendocon at the start of the game just before the brain drops its eggs there is supposed to be some sort of evil laugh which the emu doesnt do.
Is it a known issue ?... or have I imagined the evil laugh ?
Maybe I should dig out the lynx one more time to check this.

Anyway.. great work.. I agree the menu is a bit hard to see what line is highlighted but until I get some proper game time in I have no other problems to report.

Evil laugh? I don't remember that.

There is a bug in Slimeworld. If you select the second game the background is all green with no pattern. If you scroll the screen up while standing still the background texture pops back in. As soon as the screen scrolls down it goes all green again and the texture dissapears.

I managed to dig the old Lynx out and yes... it does an evil laugh. If you want to see/hear it I have a quick video of it here :

www.quietbloke.com/misc/GofZIntro.avi

Also.. this is an odd one Im getting. Is anyone playing Chips Challenge ?.. Ive been slowly making my way through doing a save game at the end of each level. I completed level 18 but then when I continue the game it goes back to level 3. <shrug>. Seems like a very odd bug if it is one. Does anyone else get this ?

Im still happy as Larry :)

quietbloke posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:25 AM said:
are you running 1.2.0 or greater? I am, I think that is why we are seeing the issue and DaveC isn't as much. Remember how DaveC has been saying that the later firmwares washed out the screen by making the backlight too bright? I just realized that is probably the issue.

i cannot find the handygp.pic anywhere can someone help me find it.?

ingrin posted on Feb 4 2006 at 03:04 AM said:
quietbloke posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:25 AM said:
are you running 1.2.0 or greater? I am, I think that is why we are seeing the issue and DaveC isn't as much. Remember how DaveC has been saying that the later firmwares washed out the screen by making the backlight too bright? I just realized that is probably the issue.

Yeah that must be it. The gamma being to high in 1.2.x does "over expose" the color. That must be why.

wenis posted on Feb 7 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
i cannot find the handygp.pic anywhere can someone help me find it.?

Do you mean this ?.

logo.png

Trooper

I am not sure if that is the pic or not but when i boot up gp2xhandy it asks for handygp.pic. When i downloaded the emu it only came with the .gpe file nothing else

I have made a small update for GP2XHandy.. I have submitted the news on pdroms. You can now adjust the cpu clockspeed.

- and I modified the gui. The 'menu selection' is now better visible.
- I modified the path structure slightly. For some reasons, previously the executable and the boot-rom file and so on had to be in different directories. Now they are in the same directory. I have created a small batch file, if you like to execute GP2XHandy from somewhere else on the sd card ( read the readme :) )

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

tuskenraider2k posted on Mar 3 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
I have made a small update for GP2XHandy.. I have submitted the news on pdroms. You can now adjust the cpu clockspeed.

- and I modified the gui. The 'menu selection' is now better visible.
- I modified the path structure slightly. For some reasons, previously the executable and the boot-rom file and so on had to be in different directories. Now they are in the same directory. I have created a small batch file, if you like to execute GP2XHandy from somewhere else on the sd card ( read the readme :) )

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

Great thanks for the update.

Will try later.

i have some problems;it turn back to the main menu despite any roms i try to run(namely xenophobe and aliens vs predator)

i have the latest firmware

i do not have the sdl installed.should i have to install the now?if yes,how do iinstall them?

Hmm, maybe somebody can help me with this, every time I load handy I always have a green background... is handygp.pic supposed to load as a backdrop or is the green background correct? I can't find any previous posts on this.

EDIT: It's definately in sd/handygp2x/handygp.pic

Cheers.

Hehe... sorry I didn't explain myself very well, everything works fine, I just don't see the backdrop. I'm assuming handygp.pic is a backdrop?

Thanks.

Cannibal posted on Mar 14 2006 at 10:22 PM said:
Hehe... sorry I didn't explain myself very well, everything works fine, I just don't see the backdrop. I'm assuming handygp.pic is a backdrop?

Thanks.

I know I did one for this emu on the GP32 (below). I don't know if this version uses my same pic as it is in a weird format (.pic). Mine doesn't show a background pic either.

logo.png

Back