Gp2x Wiz Is Delayed Again. Officially....

Status
Not open for further replies.

techFreak

Website
Visit site
Those who wait for the release of Wiz, unfortunately should wait till the end of April. :( According to GPH the delay was inevitable to provide proper Flash support. The samples will be sent to distributors before April.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're smart they'll use this time to get Linux to more people so we can fix some of the things that are problematic.

But I don't think that's what'll happen.

I'm really disappointed especially that currently my only portable device is the IPod Nano and I'm not able to install IPod linux But any way I hope this is the last delay :p :p it is the : 1 2 third delay if I'm right

Edit: What is happedning on this forum I'm making th " ' " ( lol don't know how to wright it if any way it doubles ) sign and it multiplies after I edit :) :)

Wait a second, can't the Wiz be updated by users with the latest firmware? Because I'd be more than happy to wait an extra month for the flash to work properly if it meant having it for emulators and things until then.

I'm not going to go and cancel my order though, that's just a bit too much. I wouldn't be investing almost $200 in something I can't wait a little longer for.

'DurTahar' said:
Wait a second, can't the Wiz be updated by users with the latest firmware? Because I'd be more than happy to wait an extra month for the flash to work properly if it meant having it for emulators and things until then.

I'm not going to go and cancel my order though, that's just a bit too much. I wouldn't be investing almost $200 in something I can't wait a little longer for.
What is the latest version of the firmware that the developers have? Heard somrthing with 0.17 but that was back in November.

Regards

André

'DurTahar' said:
I was thinking the same. It's annoying that all the hardware is finalised and sitting there and it's just a software problem holding it back. Kinda the opposite to the pandora.

Then again, more things will be developed in the meantime and it means GPH want to be more professional, which is great :). A more polished product when it comes out.

'pandora' said:
Then again, more things will be developed in the meantime and it means GPH want to be more professional, which is great :). A more polished product when it comes out.
I do agree with the professionalism 100%, but if people are canceling orders over it, is it really worth it? I guess it's a hard choice to make though, you either lose buyers or you lower your professionalism.

Maybe if we all promise GPH that we won't tell anyone else about the issues until they're fixed, they'll let us have ours early. :unsure: I'll pinky swear on it.

I would be happy if they just released the Wiz without flash support for now just to get it out. At least that way I could play with the emulators in the meantime. Then later on add flash support with a firmware upgrade.

I really don't get their obsession to have flash on it, I can't see it being used for much as it's way too slow to run any games. Why not just use the GP2X menu?

My call would be that they are fixing something else at the same time, maybe the screen tearing issue, maybe changing hardware slightly.

It is fast enough to run at least some Flash games, or else pea would not be very enthusiastic about it. Other similarly or worse powered handhelds do run flash games so it has to be in the cards.

Did You see the Peas commpare of Wiz and 2 nokias it seems that it runs a bit faster ( on hight details ) and the flash player isn't fully ready yet

Lets just hope the new flash will be working properly

Edit: CODE
http://www.pea.co.nz/?p=48\

I was looking for the GP2X years ago, and now, I will wait for the Wiz to be out!

I prefer a delay in the launch than an unfinished product to be sold (which is policy of many companies nowadays...).

Until then, I will look at "How to develop on this machine?" topics!

Another delay not a big deal quality control seems to be really good most companies would have released with problems and said we didn't know it was a problem and then do a firmware update. My only question is I thought the delay to march was flash issues so guessing its a pretty major problem to have caused another
delay.

Isn't all delays began when some wierdo asked them to change second DPad... ;D

I hope that Wiz comes with the last sunny rays of summer cause I already had to transfer to another university because spent tooo much time deving for Gp2x two years ago instead of learning... (also intense deving affected my mental state)

Conspiracy theory: the delay is because they need a certain number of preorders to enter mass production, similar to the situation with the GP2X. They have not reached that number, so they keep delaying in the hope that they will.

Anyone think that's a possibility?

edit: if so, get pre-ordering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back