Gp2x... What Does It Do?

As others have said, card reader is pretty much necessary, rechargeable batteries are absolutely necessary.

I have not had any problems with Cave Story on my F200.

I got Picodrive am playing Story of Thor ATM but would love to play Snatcher again, any know problems with the lunar games? Is there a compat list anywhere??

Cave story is nice kinda reminds me of the Treasure game Bangi-o! (A good thing)

I'm also playing Doom which is bringing back a ton of memorys! Anyone know if the TC of Doom64 works well? I searched the board ad there was a GP specific version but it's only got 24 levels... the windows version seems to have 37 or so... anyone know why?

In closing... this seems the be the best £25 I've ever spent.

Krooner said:
I got Picodrive am playing Story of Thor ATM but would love to play Snatcher again, any know problems with the lunar games? Is there a compat list anywhere??
I'm going to go on a limb here and say that just about everything you can throw at Picodrive will work. It's highly compatible and best of all still being updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krooner said:
I've got a few of the GP Usb leads as they're standard cable (My mobile uses on) But windows won't recognise it I imagine it's a case of drivers being missing but I didn't get the GP2X CD-rom so am a bit stuck...

Thanks for the info though, I'll check out poundland tomorrow
The only way I ever got the connection to work worth a damn is when I replaced GPH's cable with a much shorter 6" cable I got with an MP3 player. Another, longer, cable did nothing to help the problem, either.

Even then, it is a very unreliable way to transfer files and everyone saying to get a card reader is giving good advice. You can get one from dealextreme.com pretty cheap.

So when did £24.99 equal $24.99?

£24.99 = $50.00USD

lobski said:
So when did £24.99 equal $24.99?
£24.99 = $50.00USD

Where abouts in this thread did anyone mention $24.99, I`ve had a really good look, And i honestly can not see it. The only mention of anything other than £24.99, Was made by Chip, He said 24.99, Which could actually be 24.99 of any currency.

Basically Krooner, The original poster, Did get a really good deal, Whether he paid £24.99 or $24.99.

Trooper

Krooner said:
Are there any GUIs for windows that would detect the GP2x and allow me to drag and drop files onto it? I've not got a card reader so am having to use my digital camera... bit of a pain.
You need one of these:
http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA2029.htm

There are no shipping charges, it is really a $3 SD (SDHC) reader that works very very fast (much better than running down the batteries on your GP, and fidgeting with a silly cable.)

Enjoy, I played Cavestory, the controls gave me a little difficulty, but the game was very enjoyable.

Back