Newb's Guide To Gp2x Accessories

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
The following is a bit from another thread that I think belongs here instead. Think of it as a guide to the non-terminal (a.k.a. ebay, marketplace) sources for GP2X essentials and non-essentials. This serves as to sort of give newbies an idea.

Please, feel free to post any addons to this thread, If you find a permanent and reliable source for a product listed here that ships worldwide, then I'll add a little "Cheap Bundle" area at the bottom.

I've done some research, and have come up with a total cost for addons for the GP2X.

@ GP32Z.com:

1gb SD card: $74.99 USD
Power Adapter: $24.99 USD
Card Reader: $14.99 USD
Case: $14.99 USD
TV - Out Cable: $10.99 USD

@ Best Buy:

Energizer 2500mAH NiMH Rechargeables (4) w/ Charger: $24.99 USD

DaveC's Joystick Cap Mod: $10.00 USD

All prices don't include shipping.

Totals: (At most, without looking for deals)
$175.94 USD
€145.65 EU
£100.17 GBP
$235.17 AUD
$205.08 CAD

That's a lot of money, but some of this isn't necessarily... necessary. Figure in shipping, possibly an unbricking serial adapter, and you have quite a hefty bill.

The SD Card prices at Amazon UK tend to be very good value - you can get a Viking Interworks 1GB SD Card and a Belkin 15-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader for £33.99 and £12.99 respectively. Usually, postage on orders of over £15 is free.

Tantronics sells Ansmann batteries and chargers at good prices - such as the PhotoCam Mobil 2 Hour Travel Charger, which is supplied with 4 2400mAh AA batteries, for £28.99. Tantronics' postage cost is £1.50 for orders within the UK.

GAME sells many kinds of cases for handheld consoles that are similar in size to the GP2X. Their £4.99 Nintendo DS cases are a good fit, as the GP2X matches the general shape and size exactly. The postage cost for this item is also £1.50.

The above prices on these particular items, are the best I have been able to find. With the sole exception of the case which costs the same online as in any GAME branch, the same products can be seen to cost up to more than twice as much in UK high street shops.

Outpost.com is having a deal this weekend, a charger and four 2300 mAh NiMH AA batteries for $10 US.

UK, 7dayshop sells a set of 4 2500mAh NiMH batteries for £3.99, or some brand name ones for £5.79, same rating (or £6.99 for 2600mAh). Plus they sell a fast charger (will charge 4 2500mAh batteries in around 3-4 hours) for £5.99 (also has a car adaptor). Worth a look.

Power Adapter: $24.99 USD <- you can get a suitable one for about 10$ at *insert localel ectronics store here*

some simple sd card readers are less than $10. I've got a really simple CameraMate pocket-sized one that works really well.

i was able to get an internal card reader from newegg that was, if i remember correctly, $15 and is a 7-in-1. as it turns out, it is basically an external usb 2.0 card reader in a housing, with a button you can press to pop it out and take it on the road. it connects to the usb leads on my mobo and gives me another usb connection on the front of my case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820192504

there's a nice black one that will fit in a 3-1/2 bay.

Back