Does The Gp2x

joeeoh

Hi I had my GP2x delivered yesterday, but I haven't recieved it yet because it's at my dad's house, but anyway since no one ever answers the F.A.Q. I was wondering does the Gp2x come with an SD card, or does it have a certain amount of memory al ready inside? AND how do I apply A skin to my GP2X?

please excuse my novice stupidity :blink:

GP2X contains NAND memory, 64MB of it, but only around 20MB is usable, the rest is taken up by the OS. I wouldn't advise you to store ANYTHING on the NAND, as it is needed for OS stuff. You need an SD card.

Sandisks are generally the best, as far as I've seen here (haven't got mine yet, but meh). Integral cards are quite cheap but don't always work. The cheapest cards I could fine here in the UK are at 7dayshop.com. They also do batteries and chargers, you may want to look into that.

EDIT: When I say Integral don't always work, I mean for flashing firmware. I believe almost all cards work for files, games etc. You might want to look at the Card Compatibility List.

I know it's annoying to have to spend more money after already buying the unit, but you really do need an SD card to make any real use of the GP2x.

That said, they're quite cheap now, 128 meg ones usually go for about $20 at places like Wal-Mart.

-OCA|

Back