Gp2x Qestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP2X

Still Fresh
Getting a GP2X From Lik Sang in a Few Days, it Was Already Shipped on March 02 2006

Just Wandering Wheter To Upgrade The Firmware Or Not, If You Upgrade Like to 1.4 Tha

Latest FW will That Cause Some Programs Not To Funtion Right or Anymore Like Emu's and Stuff and

Whats The Difference Between The Original Firmware and The Latest Firmware 1.4

How Good Do The Emu's Run at 200 MHZ, and How Good is The Sound,

Already Heard The GBC Emu is Perfect with Sound, Wich is The Best NES Emu To Use,

Current Owner Of The GP32 Blu (First Had a GP32 FLU) Now Upgrading To the GP2X

Maybe one to many questions in there. There are load of differences between the firmwares, the latest changes are shown here:

Link

Im usin 1.4 official firmware and it seems to work fine with most programs I have tried (though the overclocking utility no longer works properly).

Most emus run great at 200, exceptions may be GNGeo, SquidgeSnes, a few games in Mame2X and of course at the moment Gp2psx.

I dont think there is a really decent NES emu yet (correct me if im wrong).

Anyway alot more information can be found by looking around these boards and reading the "pinned" topics.

Nice user name ;)

Oh yeah, use the search function and read the stickies ...

Do You Have To Start Every Word With A Capital Letter?

Whether you upgrade depends on personal preference. The 1.4 firmware won't break any current functionality, as far as I know. The battery light is supposed to work with the new firmware, plus there's meant to be an improved Ebook Viewer.

GB/GBC emu is perfect. Genesis emu is perfect (or near enough). NES is struggling at the moment due to lack of developer interest, although I think someone finished a very good alpha recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back